Saturday 24 December 2016

I've been in love and lost my senses Spinning through the town Sooner or later, the fever ends And I wind up feeling down I need a man who'll take a chance On a love that burns hot enough to last So when the night falls My lonely heart calls (I Want To Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston

Oh the gays love a bit of Whitney, well not literally, but you know what you mean. Personally, some of her music I like; others I can leave.  However, this one makes me want to dance.  I have wanted to dance quite a bit lately. So always, enjoy.


Monday:  Personally, I think when it is your birthday you should be able to have the day off work.  This was not the case for Grayson (or me). He had to be the other side of London first thing and I had to be in an all day meeting.  Monday morning and his birthday and arrived with grace.  Meeting done and dusted and I was home.  I had no intention of doing anything this evening.  Grayson texted to say how much he had loved the card and present I got him.  All Arsenal related.  It was amazing how much tat you could buy related to Arsenal, or any football team to be honest.  So he was happy.  So Andy and I had a quiet night. All is well.

Tuesday:  Since moving to London I have not had a car. I sold my car when I left Stoke as because I am living in Central London there really is no point having a car.  However, the one time I do miss it is when I am going grocery shopping and this was apparent this afternoon when I took the bus to go to Aldi. I went to Aldi to buy two bottles of their Bailey's as it is only £3.45 a bottle and I do like a 'Bailey's' and Cointreau.  So whilst I was there I got a few nice bits for Christmas and amazed myself that I had judged it precisely to fit into the two bags I had with me.  The fun and games started as soon as I got on the really crowded bus.  

I managed to get a seat and all was well until the guy sitting next to me wanted to get off which then meant I had to move and then took the seat by the window. My bag toppled over, the bag with the eggs in of course.  Fortunately nothing fell out and no eggs were broken.  Shopping in London really should be an Olympic sport and then throw Christmas in the mix and you, like the turkey, are well and truly stuffed.

So quiet night in chez flat! Bank statement (sigh) checked and chores done and time to sit back.  In other news today, I actually will now be finishing work on Friday for Christmas.  This is the first time since 2010 that I have taken any annual leave over the Christmas period.  I am really feeling that I am reclaiming my Christmases at long last.  All is well.

Wednesday:  I guess it had to happen sooner rather than later; the crash and burn.  Ironically, nothing to with Meg and all those feelings that come back to haunt me even more this time of the year, but with a work related incident. Basically, without too much detail, I set myself up to be disappointed and it happened.  It would be just nice that if just for once, something good come to me easily.  It rarely does  One, slow step forward; six back. I was upset and went to bed (best place for me). I have survived a lot worse, especially at this time of year, so this will not kill me.  I am just annoyed at myself allowing it to happen.



Thursday:  Quiet day today. Working from home so got a lot of rotten office jobs done and dusted.  You know the type of things that never get done but are great when they do.  I was supposed to be going to Hannah and Emma’s tonight, however I had to message them around 11.00am to say that I am not feeling well and will not be able to go. I am fighting off a cold. It is no wonder. Andy has had one for a week which is just going now and Grayson rocked up on Sunday with a cold.  No wonder really as he had spent four hours the previous day lying in his bath, topping up regularly with hot water, whilst he recovered from the hangover from hell.  Men!

So feeling sorry for myself tonight but at least I had Andy for company.  All wanted was noodle soup for dinner; alas I had to make do with pasta.  However, those of you who know me will know that when I have been kicked in the teeth I do not fight, I flight .............. been checking out flights all day.  Exciting stuff.

Friday:  That time of the year again; Andy goes home for Christmas.  We had such a fun afternoon playing on the Playstation, having a drink and a laugh, but then it was time for him to go.  We said our goodbyes.  It was time for him to catch his train.  He has just left when the buzzer to the front door went and I thought, what has he forgotten; but it was Grayson.  He has texted me yesterday to see if I was free.  

I had been down to Borough Market earlier this morning to get some cheese,

bread and other bits and bobs and tonight I had cooked a mushroom risotto for us.  Andy had is earlier.  Grayson and I sat and ate and chatted and laughed so much.  He have me a bottle of Hendrick's (gin) for Christmas! We had such a lovely evening and it was great to be spending more time with him.   All is well my friends, all is well.


As always, with my love x

1 comment:

  1. Yes I also think it's somewhat funny that you're counting the dates. Like you get an award if you hit 10? or 20?
    Sorry that the other thing didn't work out for you, but there will be other chances in the next year, I"m sure.

    ReplyDelete