Sunday 2 October 2016

Well, I hope and I pray that maybe someday You'll walk in the room with my heart. Add and subtract but as a matter of fact Now that you're gone I still want you back. (All Of My Heart - ABC)

ABC the sound track of my life.  The Lexicon of Love is one of my favourite of all times albums.  There is not one track on there I do not like and this album has followed me through my life since 1982 when it was released.  I think this track is probably my favourite, but I will also probably say that to many other tracks. I could have chosen many lines to use as a heading but settled for this one. The reason why I am showcasing ABC this months is because I am going to see them in rather lovely surroundings, in a few weeks time.  But more about that later.  So as always, enjoy.



Saturday:  In my past life (and those of you who knew me in that role will remember this) I cleaned and cleaned and then cleaned some more.  Today was one of those days.  I say one of them as the flat has not had a proper clean all summer.  There is no point when living in London.  Firstly, it so hot here and coupled with the fact that we are living next door to numerous building sites, the dust just keeps coming.  Andy, love him, said he would help and we got it all done in three hours; which seemed like eight.  How I ever managed to do that week in week out (coupled with ironing) I will never know.

The rest of the day was relaxing and in my case, reviewing.  Recent events have made me look at my life and what I want from it. The problem when there is literally an elephant in the room is sometimes you have to experience one thing to get another.  We ordered pizza and watched back to back episodes of Bad Education, which makes me laugh.  All is well.

Sunday: 3:33 is back.  Do you remember 3:33? That period in my life where it
seemed every night I woke at 3:33 then could not get back to sleep.  Last night was no exception.  I know why and as I lay there, in the dark, it all kind of come clear.  Last weekend took me to somewhere where I thought I had closed down for good and would never see again and I guess I want that back in my life.  Not necessary with Grayson; that, for numerous reasons, may not work, because of the elephant in the room, but with who knows who.  It's ironic that when my marriage was over, JF said he did not want domesticity, yet he was the one who went straight into a long term relationship (and is now in another one), whereas I, did not know what she wanted and up until last weekend still did not know.  So thank you Grayson (again) you have shown me what I am ready to go and find.

Woke up to Islands in the Stream which always reminds me of my dear friend Steve.  I always get 'messages' from the radio.  Washed, dressed and ready, I left the flat.  This morning it was cold.  Autumn has arrived.  I had just missed a bus so walked to Guy's and had five minutes with my Dad.  I know I have said it before but this really means a lot to me. Caught the bus at London Bridge and was soon at Hoxton.  Meditation was good but it feels as if something there has changed and I think this will become apparent in the next few weeks. Walked with Hannah and Emma down to Shoreditch and to Spitalfields.  Sat and listened to some live music whilst drinking coffee and it really was rather lovely. Had a look around the market and treated myself to a new scarf. I do not need one, but it was me being kind to me. Popped into Tesco for some yellow roses and back to the flat for a quiet afternoon.  


So we ended up watching Hunted, we recorded it on Channel 4.  What a load of
rubbish. It is about people going on the run from the world. We decided that we would be utterly useless on this programme and dread the thought of anyone looking at our Facebook account and online 'stuff'. We decided that we would get the gays to help us. Dress us as drag queens and go on tour. Well you know me, I have always loved the gays!

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Oh men are crap at being single aren't they? They say they don't want to stay in a relationship but they soon find the alternative too much like hard work.
    Anyway you can't go into a relationship, what will happen to Andy? I'm not ready to take on responsibility yknow :)
    Well maybe if you have some idea where you're going it makes it easier. I dunno.
    I hope your week is going well anyway.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Oh this made me laugh. The thought of Andy being passed around like a little Pug to his next home. He thought it was funny too. You are right and I have sent you an email with the gaps filled in. Hugs and love xxxx

    ReplyDelete