Friday 7 October 2016

When your world is full of strange arrangements And gravity won't pull you through You know you're missing out on something Well that something depends on you (The Look of Love - ABC)

I wonder how many of you read the title and then sang it? Another wonderful (in my opinion) tune and so many lines I could have used. So as always enjoy and do please sing along ..... you know you want to!



Monday:  This morning it was cold.  There was a little condensation on the bedroom window.  Autumn has arrived.  Working from home today but had a meeting in the North.  Ironically, it was right near the Emirates Stadium. Funny old thing the Universe (more about that later).  This evening I was back to my course, which I am still not sure about if I am honest.  It makes me think and I really do not need to think any more!  However, I guess thinking is good. However, in the break I had a fright. I was eating my dinner (food is provided, all vegetarian for £5) and looked up and there was the American! But he looked different. He looked really healthy, well dressed and groomed.  I looked at his name badge (we all have them) and his name was Scott! The same as the American; yet there was something not quite right.  This one had more hair. It was not him, but boy oh boy it looked like him.  Well like him if he cleaned his act up!  Thank you Universe once again for that wonderful (not) curve ball.  Well they say we all have a double!

Tuesday:  Early morning trip out to the suburbs today.  I really wish the trains were running properly at London Bridge.  It feels so strange out in the sticks these days.  I guess I am just an urbanite now.  Back to the flat and I was on it, sending off emails, invites, meetings, reports, presentations the lot. I am working on a personal project in relation to my work and I love the freedom of it.  No mediation at Pimlico tonight as I was at home and it would have taken me ages to get there and back, so decided not to go. So a quiet night in with the pair of us chatting and giggling. All is well.

Wednesday: Change of plan today, no need to go into the office so worked from home all morning.  It is amazing how much I get done then this afternoon went to the hotel near me that I visited last week for the coffee morning. It was lovely sitting there. Free wifi, free coffee and lovely surroundings. As much as I like the flat it is good to get out of it at times.  Needless to say, plenty done and tomorrow I have my three month probation meeting.  Walking back I saw this notice outside of one of my little coffee shops.  Well it made me giggle. You have to love London.  But more about that later on in the week.

Thursday:  Great day today.  I passed my probation at work and are now fully employed. Go me. I also scored very highly on my assessment too.  So feeling rather smug. Busy day today, saving the world which means I do not have to save myself; far easier.  I walked to the office today and walked home.  It was a lovely day.  Then back to reality as soon as I walked into Iceland (the shop not the country) as Christmas had arrived.  Sigh.

Friday:  Busy and productive day today, but it was cold :(  I read an article in Time Out this week which unless you have lived in London, will probably think was made up.  It was under the heading 'What's the weirdest thing you've seen on the tube?' I have a selected a few.  The sad thing is I am not surprised and the weirdest thing I saw was recently on the bus going to Shepherd's Bush. It was a Sunday morning and there was a bride, in her dress and tiara, on the bus. So here are a few more:

A woman scrubbing off her leg psoriasis with a toilet brush on the Victoria line.

A guy snorting cocaine off a sleeping bald man's head!

Father Christmas gave me a bag of weed.

A man on the phone to his wife while ripping a newspaper into strips, crumpling them up and eating them.

A lady feeding her pet rat Vaseline.

And this, my friends, is why I just love London.

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Well new Scott could be son of old Scott. I was going to say brother but I don't think even Americans would give both kids the same name.
    You shop in Iceland now? Feeding your inner chav? I can never find any real food in there.
    Good news about the job though. Not that I thought it would go wrong but at least you can start making plans for it.
    Hope you had a good weekend. Speak soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah LOL @ Scott. He had more names than Elizabeth Taylor lol. We use Iceland for things like cheese, vegetables and salad stuff. It is a lot cheaper than Tesco. Yes the job is ace I love it and I am really building up the project which means more work but none of it goes unnoticed which is a blessing. Hugs and love xxx

    ReplyDelete