Friday 5 February 2016

Because my love for you, would break my heart in two. If you should fall, into my arms and tremble like a flower (Let's Dance - David Bowie)

I never intended to have an artist a month theme for this blog.  But after the death of David Bowie and the subsequent trip to Berlin, it kind of felt the right thing to do again.  Let's Dance. Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.  Oh, how I love this song. Red shoes are a must and dancing away the blues is a necessity.  The ruby red slippers from the Wizard of Oz - There is no place like home. The aboriginal cast in the video for this song.  As I mentioned previously, so ground-breaking and original at the time. I still cannot believe David Bowie is no longer with us.  As always, enjoy x



Tuesday:  Allegedly, this was a day off.  It wasn't. Washing done.  Flat cleaned from bottom to bottom (it is all on one floor), trip to the supermarket and ironing.  Then I sat down and started to write up the epic blog from Berlin.
When I travel on my own, writing my blog gives me something to do in the evening.  However, when you travel with another, you do not have time to sit and blog.  Subsequently, I had four days notes to write up. I felt like I was back at school doing my homework!  So apologies for any typos I failed to notice. I went to my room at 21:00 as I was exhausted and felt meh with the thought of bloody work tomorrow!

Wednesday:  I am not feeling the love.  This morning I had to go straight to a meeting and I thought it was one place; waiting at the bus stop I realised that it was in a completely different part of town.  I am not feeling the love for the 9-5.

Home and it was light still.  Spring is certainly on her way.  Tonight I had a Doctor's appointment.  Joy oh Joy!  I do miss my Doctor I had in Stoke.  He was a dear friend and we just hit it off.  The Practice where I am now is huge and there are so many Doctors, which is fine. But if you want to see a specific Doctor (and I did) you have to wait weeks.  But hey, the time soon went.  So I arrive at the Doctors only to be told I am a day early and the appointment is tomorrow! I know, what can I say. Looks like Andy will be claiming career's allowance soon.

Thursday:  9.00-6.00 yes you read that right!  I hate my job. There, I have
said it! I am not saying any more, not yet but trust me, the time will come and I will sing like a canary.  Andy, bless him, knew I had a bad day and cooked dinner; it was so lovely of him. I am not going to cry, it is not worth it. But I could.  Quiet night and that is what I needed.                                                                                   Friday:  What can I say? It is Friday. It is a grey morning over London. Kind of sums up my thoughts.  Fortunately the 9.00-5.00 is only a 9.00-1.30 as I am in a meeting at the local University at 2.30 so I will take my lunch and walk along there.  Which I did then went home and spent the time completing paperwork ..... you fill in the gaps!

I have some tentative plans for this weekend but I am not sure they will materialise.  I have a Plan B and C oh and a D.  I do not intend spending the whole weekend completing paperwork!  When I went out lunchtime there had been a fatal road accident on the huge roundabout near to where I live.  The Air Ambulance had been called but the woman had lost her life.  It just makes you think (again) how fragile we all are. To go out, like she did and never go back again!  The traffic was absolutely horrendous.  The whole area had come to a complete standstill whilst the emergency services did their thing.  What a job.

So after a busy weekend; a quiet week, but one of reflection and planning.

As always, with my love x





2 comments:

  1. Life is too short to do a job you hate yknow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Sarah and I am working on a plan! I can't keep polishing a turd lol xxx

    ReplyDelete