Saturday 20 February 2016

Hey man, my schooldays insane. Hey man, my work's down the drain (Suffragette City - David Bowie)

This Bowie track takes me back to my late teenage years.Those impressionable years when you do look back realise that they shaped you in more ways than you could every imagine. For me, this song is fall of energy and I can remember it being played at the Steve Maxted Disco at the Woodville Halls in Gravesend. Now I wonder how many of you remember that iconic event every Wednesday evening.  My Father used to pick me up at outside of the Woodville Halls at 10.30pm sharp ..... well according to my Mum.  The reality was, my dear old Dad used to wait around the corner, just in case I coped a snog.  She never knew.  As always, enjoy!


Monday:  Well this turned out not to be any old Monday.  Half way through the day I had managed to arrange a date.  New month; new date!  I shall call this one Noel as in Gallagher as he plays the guitar.  That is the only resemblance to the lovely Noel he had thought. Nice bloke (you won't hear me say that very often).  He does not live in London so that is a tick but come up on the train to see me.  I met him at Blackfriars station and whilst I was waiting looked at the river.  I will never get tired of looking at that view.  London you looked so beautiful.  I just stood there watching the river and the darkness come.  I was perished.  It was so bloody cold. Noel turned up and we had a lovely evening.  But you know 'Deborah' from my Ladybird Dating book ......... she has had many, many, many dates and still has not found one she really likes ...... sigh!

Tuesday:  Tired this morning as late night last night.  That is the problem having fun on a school night.  9.00-5.00 done and I was back home, PJs on by 5.30.  Tonight I will do absolutely nothing. Well a load of washing, paperwork and finances, but you know what I mean.  I am off Thursday and Friday and was trying to plan a little trip out of town.  But it is half term.  Why I decided to take two days off at half term I really do not know. Needless to say, it has restricted me on where and how I can go.  But I will figure it out.  I always do.

Wednesday:  I do like Wednesdays.  I always have and probably always will. This morning Wednesday was kind.  Andy and I have been cooking and eating together, well as and when we can,  since January.  Today it paid off.  We are at the theatre tonight (more about that later) and I did not want to go to out from work in my stuffy work associated clothes.  So I thought I would dress down a bit today and I found a pair or trousers I purchased back last year, in the sale, that never fit.  Yes girls, I know you can oh so relate to that one.  Today on they went and zipped up like a rocket.  How smug am I feeling!  Makes all the hard work worth it.

So tonight me and Andy were at the theatre to see War of The Worlds.  We went for some delicious Italian food first then off the the theatre.  When we arrived they had the red carpet out for us ...... well for everyone.  We did not have a clue what was going on but as we walked in the theatre I got papped by a photographer.  It dazzled me.  I can really see why the 'Celebs' do not like it. We asked a rather gorgeous barman what the occasion was and he said it was Press Night.  We took our seats and then to our mutual amazement, well more so for me because I recognised him, Jason Donovan walked by.  I wonder if he got his tickets on Time Out I thought to myself.  


The show was good.  I think it was drawn out in places, but the music was great.  David Essex, Timmy Mallet so Andy thought, but it was in fact Jimmy Nail ...... I can see his train of thought God help me.  Daniel Bedingfield, who was very easy on my eye, and a sugar babe were amongst the cast.  It was good, not wow oh my goodness good, but it was a good night out.  

Back to the flat and thoughts started to be drawn to what am I going to do with my two days off.  So I booked a holiday, as you do.  Something off the bucket list.  The fact that it is half term grrrrrr did not help. But Super Slooth found something. I was going down to Brighton to see the sea, but the weather is suppose to be awful the next few days.  So I thought sod it. Let's go on adventure.

Thursday:  I got to sleep eventually around 2.30am.  I was busy booking a trip. One of the many increasing things on my bucket list is to go on the Eurostar. So I am going, today to Bruges.  I am so excited.  I have thrown a few things into a case, got my Euros and I am off on the 13:00 Eurostar to Brussels.  Being singe is not always good. It can be lonely and frustrating (in more ways than one at times).  Yet sometimes, just sometimes, it throws you up an opportunity where you do not have to worry about him, the kids, the dog, the car, the rubbish. You grab it and you run with it.  I know nothing about Bruges except it has water and is old. It has beer, mussels and chocolate so it will be just fine. I have stopped collecting 'stuff', buying things for the sake of it.  I have enough clothes, I don't buy books any more, I use the library. I am now collecting memories.  There will not be much stuff or money left for anyone to crawl out of the woodwork to argue over when I bail out.  

So here I am, sat on my bed writing this. Case packed and ready for the off. 

Spontaneous, me? Yeah of course I bloody well am.  Life is for living.

As always, with my love x


2 comments:

  1. Jason Donavan, really? Oh I'm so jealous. Mind you I saw him on stage in Pricilla queen of the desert and he was tiny like a girl; the other actors towered over him.
    Yep I miss that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Yes Jason looked a bit old to be honest and yes he is tiny, not really my type, well apart from being Australian, he gets a big tick for that. I saw him in Pricilla too. I just love that play/film. A cock in a frock on a rock! Lol! Safe travels my friend xx

    ReplyDelete