Monday 1 August 2016

Do you feel like a chain store? Practically floored one of many zeros kicked around bored. Your ears are full but you're empty holding out your heart, to people who never really care how you are (Coffee and TV - Blur)

So another month has gone.  What is happening?  I have always liked the video to this song so it made sense to use some of the lyrics.  So as always, enjoy.



Saturday:  I had plans for Saturday.  I met my dear friends Hannah and Emma, the creative duo, at Kensington High Street station and we made our way to a nearby hotel.  Emma had suggested this event as she had been sent the link from the Guardian and it was a free talk on 'How to get the relationship you deserve'. Now bearing in mind my mood of late, it was perhaps not the best of times to be attending this. But you know me, in for a penny in for a pound.  Obviously, there were more women there than men; of course there were. It was all a bit odd but we entered the room and then the show begun.  The guy come in like a boxer entering a ring and straight away I did not care for him as he was wearing a pink tie (JF wore a lot of pink).  It was basic psychology, whipped up in an evangelical frenzy of positive attitude and Hollywood smiles (the guy is British).  Some of what he said I could get my head around and had come to the same conclusion in the week.  He was saying how our environment shapes our identities and one of the things Andy and were talking about last night is that I need to be more in Straight World as I am not going to find what I am looking for (even though I still don't have a clue, I mean how long does it take?) in Gay World.

Most of his findings were from Women are from Venus and Men from Mars versus Psychology today.  I mean like I don't know that men need sex to connect emotionally but women need emotion to have sex! Doh!  We sat and listen to this for 3.5 hours (no break) then went to lunch and did not go back. Hannah had made some delicious sourdough bread and sun dried tomatoes so we sat in the park having a little picnic whilst discussing the morning's events. We then went to grab a coffee and sat there or ages just chatting away, talking about where in the world we would like to go and if we were ever going to get a relationship and how we are going wrong.  Needless to say we did not come to a conclusion.  We then went off to Boots.  I was telling the girls I was going to buy a new lipstick so we went along and put some red lipstick on Hannah; she looked lovely, it really suited her but she was not sure. Then I put a different shade on Emma but it was a bit pink. We were like teenage girls on a Saturday afternoon, it was so funny. But we are in London and no one cares.  I said my goodbyes and off they went as they were at the Regent Park Theatre that night to see Jesus Christ, Superstar.  I didn't tell them the ending!

I went off to the Clinque counter and stocked up on my essentials and a new red lipstick that is OK for work.  Got to be noticed. I also booked in for a MOT next week at the Clinque counter.  I really liked it over Kensington High Street so it was a good excuse to go back next Saturday.  Busy August coming up with people coming to stay and things to do so will have to budget ....... sigh.

Back home and a quiet evening in.  Andy cooked, we ate and I went to bed.

Sunday:  Up and out to Trews. Lovely meditation and good vibes with my tribe. I do love that place.  I walked, with Hannah and Emma to Liverpool Street and said our goodbyes and I made my way to Petticoat Lane.  I haven't been there for years and years.  Needless to say, one jacket and dress later it was time for coffee.  I walked back to Spitalfields and sat drinking my coffee and reading my book.  A homeless guy approached me and asked me for some change, he said that a bakery had just given him this huge cake and he would like a drink to wash it down.  So I went and bought him a hot chocolate with cream.  He then did the sweetest thing and offered me some of the cake to have with my coffee. How kind is that.  I thanked him but said no and told him to enjoy it.  He thanked me for the chocolate and off he went.  See, most people, regardless of their situation are good.

Back to the flat and time to catch up on blog, paperwork and stuff. I am ashamed to say that I snuggled up on the sofa and promptly fell asleep for almost two hours.  This is not me.  I think I was just exhausted by emotionally and physically.  I thought I would have problems sleeping that night; I did not. So begins another week.

As always, with my love x




6 comments:

  1. Saw a programme once, and it is amazing how people will help you when they have very little to give. Human survival always shine through I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ian yes ...... Love's the greatest thing, the world just needs more of it I guess x

      Delete
  2. Those US style seminars are getting increasingly popular, aren't they? Actually I was thinking of doing an online version; money for old rope I think is the expression.
    Kensington HS is fun though. I have fond memories of Kensington market. I think Freddie Mercury worked there, but that was before my time. I bought my first ever posh frock from there. Hideous, it was.
    Have a good week :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah indeed they are! This was free well apart from four hours of my life I won't get back, but yes. I am thinking of doing my own true life/real world dating seminar 😏 Oh dear Freddie lol I really liked the feel of it over there, completely different to where I am at the moment ..... Lewisham lol! Hugs and love xx

      Delete
  3. I'm not surprised you're tired sweetheart ... new job, busy social life and a wee meltdown take it out of you. It will take a wee while to recharge your batteries I'm sure and getting new togs and a red lippy will certainly help!
    Much love from us's down under xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackie yes I'm very tired st the moment but hey ho, it will pass. Yes the new clothes and lippy did help, just need to find somewhere/someone to actually use them lol. Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxx

      Delete