Saturday 20 August 2016

Wake up, get up, get out, break up - Just say goodbye for today (Blue Hat for a Blue Day - Nick Heyward)

I think I have been somewhat ambitious with my choice of music this month. Whilst it makes me happy, the lyrics are not particularly A level Sting (I must focus on him one month) lyrics; but the tunes are good.  So I do not have a blue hat or mood today, in fact the sky is bright blue.  However, I think song has a good tune.  As always, enjoy.



Monday:  Lovely day at work. I cannot tell you all how much I love my new job. At lunchtime I was sitting by the river, looking at Parliament and chatting via text to my friend McBeal who you may remember from the start of the year.  He is coming back to the UK this week for his sister's wedding in Manchester so we are hoping we can figure something out with our schedules to meet up.  We shall see but it would be nice and I think it is great that he has kept in contact.

Back home. I was going to get change and get my book and go to the park but to be honest I could not be bothered when I got in, so that was that.

Tuesday:  Oh I love my job and today I met my new colleague and then realised how much I have learnt over the past seven weeks.  Tonight I had a date with an Australian.  Such excitement; much disappointment.  Fortunately, I had a large glass of dry white to help ease the pain.  Oh well. Another country conquered but I find them.  I said to my work colleagues on Wednesday that I am across between Miranda and Bridget Jones.  I ended up lying on Andy's bed having a hug from him as we were both laughing hysterically about the doomed date. You are terrible Muriel.  Oh well, another day another continent.

Wednesday:  Busy day today but the sun was shining so all was well.  Back home and a quiet night in catching up on blog, email and stuff.  This is good as I have had a busy month and financially quite challenging and I am now minus £65 on the month and eating up the odd contents in the fridge.  Student life my friends; student life.

Thursday:  A level results day. One of my difficult days.  I cannot believe or want to believe that it is four years ago today my Meg received her A level results.  I asked to told what they were; no one would tell me.  I did find out about a year ago what they were and she did fantastic - of course she did. Yet this day hangs very heavy in my heard.  Today was no exception. I woke to Sky News at Newcastle under Lyme College speaking to students there.  The pain is still there.  I can remember the day she received her GCSE results and JF and I sat in the car waiting for her to come out and tell us.  After 25 minutes I could not wait any longer and went into the hall where we were congratulated by many of the teachers because of her results; and my Meg was beaming.  The girl did well.  

Two years later I was not privy to such information. I was told, by her and her father, that I was no longer part of her life and I had no right to know. I have it on video, I recorded it. I cannot watch it, thinking about it makes me cry.  If that was not enough later today on the BBC2 news they were from Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College, where she studied, talking to students there.  I ask myself will this ever end, yet I really do not want it to end. It proves to me that there is no end to grief and because of that love never dies.  But sometimes I wish all the hurt and pain would just go away.  Well it got worse.  Of course it did.  The BBC were filming from the college as well.  Just twist that knife, just twist that knife  ......................... sigh!

Friday:  I cannot believe it is Friday again.  Another week has flown by. Another great day at work and back home via a new and exciting thing that has opened in m neighbourhood.  A new Italian market has opened in an old printing factory just up the road from my flat. It has, apart from the supermarket, lots of little stalls selling, bread, cheese, pizza, beer and wine. It is like the kind of thing you see over in the East but now in my neighbourhood. The where I live is really coming along which means in another 5 years I wont be able to afford to live here.  Back home Andy, Zoe (his sister who is down for a few days, not sure if I mentioned that before) and I watched a film.  It was a lovely evening but we did not have a late night because tomorrow, we are busy.

As always, with my love x







4 comments:

  1. I always thought Bridget was a bit pathetic really; she had a great life with a job she loved and super friends and all she did was moan about not having a b/f. So you don't want to be her really. No, they're all out there aren't they? But at least you got a drink out of it.
    I like the sound of the Italian market. No e&c is getting very fashionable now; I'm sure your landlady will be getting very wealthy with that property.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah I would make a better Bridget, can you imagine lol. Tell me about it, I seem to find them. Still it is an endless stream of entertainment for my friends to giggle at. Yes E&C will be out of my price league in another five years. Who would have thought it lol. Hugs and love and see you soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Ian well it was something that is for sure lol x

    ReplyDelete