Sunday 7 August 2016

How can you take back my pride and shout at me until I hide, but what makes me so dumb inside is waiting for my heart to die. Make me shout make me shout, content to sit and pour it out. Going to take that situation and do it right, and put it right (Take That Situation - Nick Heyward)

So more summer sunshine 80's throwback music.  I cannot help but smile with this music.  I did think at one point last week, when all was crushing around my head, to change this month's artist but decided not to do so.  I am pleased.  So enjoy the sunshine and sing along.  As always, enjoy.




Saturday:  So this morning Andy and I turned into a typical, heterosexual couple.  He did DIY; I cleaned.  We had permission some time ago from our Landlady that I could put my love prints up.  So today was the grand opening of Tate Britain Part Two.  I cleaned the flat from top to bottom and even if I say so, our lounge looks lovely.  The prints were made for it.

Showered and out.  Today I went back to Kensington High Street, my favourite new place in London. It sure ain't Hanley Aunti Em.  It has many lovely shops there and the sun was shining.  I went back to the Clinique counter in Boots and had my foundation make over. I had been given the wrong one and they changed it free of charge.  The woman was so lovely and attentive.  I have always used in Clinique, ever since I was 18 and it is good to be back using it fully again.  I feel able to do this now as I am earning just enough to live off each month.

Grabbed a coffee and went and sat in Kensington Gardens, just by the Palace, reading my book.  There was a little girl, giggling and crawling on the grass and it took me right back to my Meg. At the same time there was a line in my book with really hit a nerve.  It said 'There can be no greater agony, nothing can be more painful than the not knowing, which will never end'.  Kind of sums it up really; a living death.

Called in M&S for some picnic stuff as tomorrow I am joining a new Meet Up group and going on a picnic.  I have to keep tyring; what options do I have?  I never got back to the flat (the lounge is still looking lovely) until 19:00 so it was just a quiet night watching some new Scandinavian police thing I have found on BBC 4.  

Sunday:  So today I decided not to go to my meditation group but to go to a different group for a picnic.  This was a mistake.  I arrived at the Wellington Arch at Hyde Park and met some people.  They were all very polite and said hello, one even engaged in light conversation.  Then they all just started to talk in their groups.  I just stood there.  Now normally, I would have the energy to plonk myself with someone and natter away.  But after recent events, I am tired. Also this group was a Spiritual group and to be perfectly honest, my energy was crying out saying enough.  Needless to say, I went unnoticed.  I texted Andy and said that I may need our emergency call.

We walked off to the park; others chatting away in groups, me on my own.  I should be a spy. I held back and there was crowds of tourists and I watched as the others, still chatting away turned right; I turned left.  I am just tired of it all. So there I was in the middle of Hyde Park, with a picnic hamper enough to feed 10 people, on my own.  I walked through the park and found a lovely shady place and finished reading my book 'The Girl on the Train'. Then my peace was shattered by three mouthy young women who sat right, and I mean right, next to me, even though the park is huge. They were swearing, pratting around and just irritating.  I got up and moved to the other side of the grass.  I did not need this.  So I sat and looked around the park, families, couples and groups. I left. Walked across the roundabout at Hyde Park and caught the pass back home. Popped into the library to get more books.  My dear old Dad, who had trouble reading and writing, always used to say if you can read a book you will never be lonely.  I think he was kind of right. Back home (alone) and put the quiche in the fridge and the olives and made myself a cold drink and picked up one of my new books.  Some times life is good and other times it is amazing.  At the moment it is good.

Spent the rest of the day catching up on emails and stuff and watching the final episode of my new BBC 4 drama.  It is called Beck and very good.  So not a bad weekend.  The sun was shining but London is full of tourists.  Half of London has moved out to be replaced with tourists.  Don't get me wrong, I am the first one to want to travel, but it does make it difficult when you actually live here and have to do 'normal' things that now take ages to do because of tourists ...... sigh.  City life I guess.

As always, enjoy x


4 comments:

  1. Bloody tourists. I'll have some of your picnic. Sorry it did not go so well, but I am sure some thing amazing is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ian. Yes, tourists indeed. Sure you can share the picnic. I will be living off M&S quiche for a week :( I guess it is just the way it goes at times. Still, got to keep putting myself out there and trying. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I've been to so many meet-ups like that, where you're just on your own with a bunch of people you have nothing to say to. Except I usually stay because it would be 'rude' to leave, play with my phone and think about how soon would be ok to go. Sometimes it makes you wonder why you bother and then you go somewhere where everyone is on your wavelength and you remember why. Or something like that.
    I find those social ones difficult, i prefer having something to do, an activity or something. Smaller groups are usually easier too, or maybe that's just me.
    I think sundays are hard too; that's the one day that everyone is in couples or family groups.

    Oh yes and I remember August in London; groups of idiots blocking the tube because they don't know where they're going. Tour groups with 50 people all following some idiot tour guide with a flag. Now I am that idiot that doesn't know where she's going. Payback time :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah you are so right. I used to stay as I thought it was rude. Now, since I just resigned without another job, I think sod it. I am following my heart; if it is not right do something about it. I did not want to share my lovely M&S food with them to be honest. Needless to say, I will be eating quiche for a week ..... sigh. London is crammed stuffed with tourists who just wander in front of you. The worse place has been for me Embankment tube when you change from the Bakerloo Line to the District and Circle Line aghhhhhhh! And breathe. Yes Karma my friend, Karma lol. Love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete