Sunday 14 August 2016

I went off to the right without saying goodbye, goodbye. Where does it go from here? Is it down to the lake I fear? (Love Plus One - Haircut 100)


Well let's face it, this one is not going to win any awards for the heart felt lyrics is it? But it is yet another summer song.  I cannot believe how young they look. Obviously not have aged as well as me (she says smirking).  As always, enjoy.



Monday:  So begins another week.  Where is the time going.  I wouldn't mind so much if it did not mean that I am due to celebrate yet another 29th birthday soon.  Still, I remind myself that there are many people, including my dear, sweet friend Steve who would like to see another birthday.  

Quiet Monday, working from home.  It gave me the time to sort work stuff out and read up on policies. Grey day in London. Perhaps the Universe is fed up too.  So we watched University Challenge our weekly feel good programme.  We watch this and realise that if any of the contestants managed a date we would happily shoot ourselves.  Tonight was a classic.  So much brain; very little looks. Also they never got the George Michael question right.  What can I say.  Also, Vera's 'grocery cart' now has 20 likes on my Instagram account; whereas our picture of our face masks has 14.  People prefer the shopping trolley to us.  Yes you can laugh!   Update: 'Grocery Cart (ffs)' now has 22 likes.  Sigh!

Tuesday:  Interesting day today as I was on training all day.  I know now how I got my job.  I guess you do not realise what experience and skills you have.  I certainly don’t.  I just take it all for granted as it just being me.  My training was Volunteer Management; something I have been doing for 20 years. However, it really was interesting and it taught me that I really do have skills in this field.
After work I made my way up to my Tuesday night meditation class which was wonderful.  Only a small group, but I had a really good and relaxing meditation.  It really is worthwhile going. Back home and a quick shake for dinner and settle down to watch Holby City, only to find it had been taken over by the Olympics; so watched that instead.  It was the diving and apart from the pool water being very green, it really was quite amazing to watch them.  When I went to Barcelona this year I went to the Olympic Diving Pools there and saw the amazing view.  It has been a good day.

Wednesday:  Terrible night’s sleep.  I went from having cramp in parts of my body that I did not even know could get cramp! To endless trips to the toilet, sigh.  So much for detox all this has resulted in is me waking up this morning feeling like I have done ten rounds with Tyson. I ache from top to bottom.  I remember my dear old Nan saying when she was around 84, that she still feels in her 40’s but her body reminds her that she no longer is.  I am feeling this today.  I need to get some supplements to ease my 29 year old bones.

Again, in the office today and it is oh so quiet.  The place is empty.  Most of my colleagues work from home and coupled with the summer holidays the place is a morgue.  I still cannot believe I am working here you know. I look out of the office windows and see the most amazing views and have to pinch myself that I am working for this charity in their London offices and then pinch myself again that I am in London.  No wonder I am covered in bruises and ache!

Meet my friend Christine and her friend Linda for a sneaky little drink after my visit to the Chiropodist.  My feet; I can't even type about them.  No wonder I needed gin.  So a sneaky little G&T and a lovely catch up with all the news and never rolled in until turned 21:00.  Andy tried to entice me with a takeout.  I refused and made myself a shake (it will not last do not worry, but I want it to last).  So that was it, evening over and off to the Land of Nod.  Another good day.

Thursday:  Another restless night (sigh) but I am working from home today so I could have a bit of a lie in. Up and working from 9.00am.  I really do not know where the time is going.  I have enjoyed the last three weeks working on my own and think I have done OK. No major problems and those issues that needed to be addressed have been done so.  I cannot tell you how much I am loving my new job and today just flew by ......... again!

Quiet evening as I have a full on weekend and also I now have the princely sum of £15 plus the £55 in my purse to see me to pay day .......... well that is not going to happen is it.  I knew it was going to be a challenging month.  Most weekends are busy and it is a five week month on a reduced salary (because of changing jobs).  I will just have to dive into my money pot money or my Christmas money.  Let's face it, it is not that I have to actually buy anyone anything for Christmas is it.  All is well.

Friday:  Went into the office for 13:00 and had a really busy afternoon.  Made my way up to Euston to meet my friend Cherise's daughter Larni who is coming to stay again.  She come down to see me in March and now is back for a few days.  Euston was it's usual busy self.  People coming; people going.  At least this time I never had a panic attack when I saw the Virgin train to Stoke.  We made our way home and had some dinner and then just kicked back as I know we are going to have busy weekend.  It is 'strange' when we have people come to stay in our little flat. But all is well.

As always, enjoy x









2 comments:

  1. I could never get into haircut100; this is probably the best remembered song but it just kind of washes over really. Background music.
    Yes I've given up figuring how instagram goes with the likes. Anything with animals (or girls in bikinis) seems to be the answer. A shopping cart? dunno.
    Love your foot picture. That's how my feet feel after all the walking; more plasters than feet.
    Hope you had a good weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yes the lyrics are rather .......... Anyway, moving on. I know I mean a 'grocery cart' lol. My feet have never been my greatest feature. It is no wonder the chiropodist didn't bind them like they used to do in China! Best thing for them to be honest. Still I have 'painted' the toes now (and the nails lol) so they are looking a tad more acceptable. Safe travels my friend x

    ReplyDelete