Friday 26 August 2016

Howl at the stars, whisper when you're sleepy. I'll be there to hold you I'll be there to stop the chills and all the weeping (Whistle Down The Wind - Nick Heyward)

I forgot all about this song.  Rather good lyrics too.  So as always, enjoy (not sure what I am going to do for the rest of the month).





Monday:  It is now Thursday when I am typing this, so that should tell you a lot. It has been a crazy week and now it is Friday! First thing was the dentist. My dentist is lovely and makes you feel some comfortable.   I have been having trouble with a tooth (as you do) and it transpires I have an infection in some root canal work I had done a few years ago.  Joy, oh joy. So a weeks course of antibiotics and no alcohol for said period .... sigh!  Good day at work and in the evening I had my first encounter with Nando's.  I have never been to one before; I mean let's face it I don't eat chicken.  That aside off I went and I was pleasantly surprised. I had a bean wrap with the hot sauce and some chips.  It really was rather nice and affordable.  So I am no longer a Nando's Virgin.

The reason for being out on a school night and a Monday was because we were off for a game of bingo.  But no normal bingo.  We went to the RVT (Royal Vauxhall Tavern) for Drag Queen Bingo ...... yes you did read that right.  The tickets were the princely sum of £3 and the evening was hysterical.  Even without gin.  The prizes were displayed proudly on the 'Shelf of Shit' and
consisted of things such as a scrubbing brush with strawberries on, a funnel, an egg cup, a framed picture of Jesus (yes we wanted that one) and other such delicacies.  You really did not want to win as the ridicule you received from our lovely host was cutting.  It really was a fun evening.


Tuesday:    Busy day at work, but all good then after work drinks.  Quite a few people are leaving at the moment. Nothing to do with me arriving, so it was after work drinks.  But not for me, after work tonic water.  Needless to say I did not stay long but before I went home I went to sit down by the river.  I really like doing this.  My Dad loved the river and I guess I take after him.  I really missed it when I lived in Stoke. It was OK as I had the canals and that kind of worked.  But just sitting on the Albert Embankment, looking at the ever moving river was rather special.

Wednesday:  Out and about in the depths of South London today. I had to catch a train from London Bridge, so popped in to light a candle for my Dad at the chapel; I cannot tell you how much that means to me.  Caught the train and made my way to my destination.  We were working in a library today which was in a lovely park, so I took the opportunity to sit and drink my morning coffee in the lovely surroundings.  London has been hot today; really hot - 32 degrees.  But it is so muggy and close.  

Work over and done with and I made my way back into town.  Tonight I met my friend Sarah as she is back in town for a few days.  For the last year she has been touring around South America.  It was so good to see her again.  We stood moaning about the tourists taking over London then went and grabbed a cold drink.  We had plenty to catch up with. Made away over the Lord Nelson at Southwark for some dinner of veggie burger and chips, which as always, was rather delicious.  I don't think we stopped chatting all the time we were together.  Needless to say we are meeting up again over the weekend before she flies off again.  It was a good day.

Thursday:  London is still steaming and I slept all night with the fan on in my room.  Made my way into the office, I didn't have to but it would be cooler there than the flat.  Busy day but all good.  Andy come down to my floor and we left together (we don't always do this as I am not always there and also we do not actually work together).  We made our way up to Nine Elms as we (well it was me first of all then he tagged along) were going to Waitrose.  Such excitement. We passed the new American Embassy which is really coming along now and I rather like it. You may recall I was unsure last year when I first saw it, but it is looking rather good now.  I still do not know where they are going to put that bloody great big eagle of theirs but I am sure they will figure it out.  Waitrose was interesting. Some rather easy on the eye people there.  I told Andy he has to up his game and be like me ditch Tesco and start wandering around Waitrose.  Like he said it sure ain't Lidl.  We both had a bag of shopping each and made our way to the bus.  Waitrose was so air conditioned but as soon as you walked out the heat hit you.

Back to the flat a quick tea and a catch up with the Great British Bake Off and it was only 20:30  and I was falling asleep and Andy was not far behind me.  I went to my room and slept from 21:30 until 6:00 - this is never heard of.  I swear he drugged my dinner!

Friday:  Working from home today.  As it is Bank Holiday we can finish at 15:30 today; I will be working with pre-arranged appointments until around 18:00. So I had a lazy morning writing this blog.  London is cloudy today but oh so warm!  So tonight I knew it was going to be a later finish but I could have put money on it turning out crap.  Late afternoon appointment on a Friday before a Bank Holiday means only one thing ................... safeguarding! Joy oh joy.  Was going to meet PPLP for a diet coke (remember no alcohol sigh) so that has to be rescheduled.  Such is life.  Received a very interesting message from my friend Ian in the North with some details of something right up my street.  More about that, hopefully, later.  But thank Ian, thank you very much.  On that note I will wish you all a happy Bank Holiday weekend.

With all my love x

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture of Vauxhall Tavern :)
    Maybe they need to organise a Waitress singles night, although I expect they'd have more there for Andy than for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waitrose that should be of course. Damn predictive text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah! Yes I think the Waitrose at Nine Elms would better for Andy than me. I will have to take myself of to the one at Canary Wharf ..... god help me. So good to see you last week and fingers crossed we shall meet up again soon. Safe travels my friend x

    ReplyDelete