Saturday 26 November 2016

And all the things you never said Or didn’t have the strength to say And everything you ever did That time won’t ever wash away Fears that you’ve been livin’ with Have gone and left their trace Tears that you’ve been livin’ with Come runnin’ down your face Runnin’ down your face When the hurtin’ time begins…(The Hurting Time - Annie Lennox)

The good thing about Bridget is she has been there, done it and has the soundtrack to reflect it.  This song is so appropriate at the moment. It is such a beautiful song with wonderful, meaningful words.  As always, enjoy ...... oh and thank you Bridget x



Monday: New dawn, new day and all that!  It is strange, well not really, that when I am feeling sensitive I always have nightmares about living in that house. Last night was no exception. The detail was so accurate, even down his mother's bloody dining room table. The Universe is, once again, testing me. I am tired of it all now.  This morning, this appeared on my Timehop.  Of course it did, why are you even surprised. I guess at least my life gives all you lot a good laugh if nothing else.  

Tuesday:  Today it happened! I was standing in Costa Coffee when I heard it.  George Michael singing Last Christmas! It is November. My eyes rolled.  This evening I took a walk down memory lane.  I was invited to the Alley Cat Cub in Denmark Street in Soho.  Denmark Street has always been home to musicians but, like many places in London, it is now being redeveloped (properly into more flats that no one can afford). So why was I there? When I was 15-19 I used to babysit for the child of someone who my Dad worked with.  I used to look after him every Thursday night whilst his Mum and Dad went out and occasionally on a Saturday. Me, being me, always took him  Mr Man book and I think eventually he had the whole set.  Tonight I was going to see him again for the first time! It was so lovely to see Paul who is a musician, after all these years. I did feel a tad old to say the least.

It was a great evening and the music was brilliant. I sat with some of his friends and they made me feel so welcome. It was really lovely.  As Paul was promoting the evening, we did not really have time to chat, but we have said that we will
meet up again soon. It got me thinking about my life and how quickly the time goes.  Paul's parents and some of his friends still live in my home town and I thought it was like: Where I was from; where I have been and where I am now. I have more revamps than Madonna! It got me thinking how different my life could have been.  Funny old world.

Wednesday:  I did not want to get up this morning; in fact the alarm clock woke me up. Training all day today at the Oval Cricket ground.  It really is a beautiful venue.  I had to give in and buy a Christmas card today (sigh) which will become apparent over the weekend.  Straight home, PJs on, washing done and a quiet evening.  I did say to Andy could we not just put in a huge order to Tesco and shut the door and not venture out for the next five weeks until it is all over and done with!

Thursday:  Very busy day with the 8.30 to 5.30 (no more 9.00 - 5.00) but it was good to have lunch with a colleague.  Back home and payday accounts duly done.  I was wish for a while then paid everything and are now poor ....... sigh. So tonight it was the monthly Tesco order. We have started to do this for a couple of quid as it is easier to have some of the heavier stuff delivered and also the time it takes up actually going to said supermarket.  It is a pain, but when it is done it is another thing off the radar.  So the weekly bitch fest of The Apprentice now.  I lead such an interesting life!

Friday:  Work done and dusted and tonight I was out. However, before we go there, I will have to share a story with you.  During the afternoon I was working and put some TV on in the background.  It was Who Do You Think You Are with Danny Dyer.  So he rocks off to a pub in the East End, by the Mile End Road and it was the same pub that Bart and I went in back in the summer. The landlord serving Danny Dyer was the same one who Bart ended up arguing with.  I sat and just stared at the TV. You really could not KEEP making up could you?  What are the chances of that and how many pubs are there actually in London?  

So tonight Andy and I had 'acquired' two tickets to go up The Shard.  I cannot say how we got them, but a friend of his knew I wanted to go  and had some spare tickets and gave them to me. Me being me, got dressed up and wobbled down to London Bridge.  The views were stunning, even thought I thought the building was moving all the time.  London is truly a beautiful city; one that has stole my heart. We had a free glass of bubbly and swanned around The Shard taking photos and looking for our flat.  We found it eventually.  I remember when The Shard was being built and that awful summer of 2011 when I found myself alone in London.  I went to the chapel at Guy's and stood in the courtyard looking at this amazing building.  Now I can see it form my lounge and my bedroom window. It will always be so dear to my heart for so many reasons.  

My next aim is to go to the Hotel for afternoon tea.  However, I will have to save up for that one. But it was a lovely evening and I still cannot believe that this wonderful City is my home.

As always, with my love x



4 comments:

  1. Ah I'm quite jealous. I've always wanted to go to the top of the Shard, but I"m too mean to pay the £30 or whatever the hell it is now. Notice you're well wrapped up in the pic though, so maybe I"m not that jealous :)
    Hope things are looking up a bit now. And it is only one day you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yes it was pretty spectacular to be be honest and worth every penny, well if we had paid! London looked so beautiful and I will do it again but in the day time next. On Plan C for Christmas Day: Netflix, Paul A Young chocolates and a bottle of Bath Tub Gin! Happy days. Well would rather be in Oz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today the Shard, tomorrow the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ian. Oh no, I am happy just being me :)

    ReplyDelete