Monday 14 November 2016

God bless Mother Nature She's a single woman too She took over heaven And she did what she had to do She taught every angel To rearrange the sky So that each and every woman Could find the perfect guy (It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls)


Oh I love this song; it is raining today but alas not men. As always, enjoy.




Saturday:  A grey and wet morning in London. Not feeling the love. Of to the dentist to see the hygienist, joy oh joy. Quick trip to the supermarket and then back home to make some carrot and coriander soup.  See I am a domestic goddess and let's face it, would make a lovely wife ......... not!

Quite day catching up on the blog and paperwork and relaxing and that was very much for the evening too.  Not feeling the love at the moment to be honest. This time will pass.

Sunday:  Terrible nights sleep. I had awful, and I mean awful, dreams and was awake on and off most of the night. I eventually got some sleep around 7.00am until 9.30am which resulted in me not going to meditation. I made some porridge and went back to bed. I could have stayed there to be honest, but got a grip and dragged myself up and in the shower.  Did what I always do when feeling meh, housework and ironing and then sat in the lounge speaking to my dear friend Jackie in NZ. They have had a terrible earthquake and I was making sure she was OK and sending her news links about the situation.  It is funny isn't it that we live in such a small world where I can bounce messages to and from NZ after an earthquake where as the ability for some people to communicate in the UK is a non-starter.  Speaks volumes!

Met with my friend Emma tonight to go swimming. We met in Pret and had a drink and a good old catch up. Both of us are not feeling the love at the moment and whilst we may have not put the word right, we did our best.  My neighbourhood has a new swimming pool which gives residents of the Borough free swimming on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday.  Now I know I have said it before, but living in London has it's advantages as once again, I was not the fattest in the pool.  I took it steady and only did 14 (or it may have been 16) lengths because of my back, but all good. As always, it was lovely to see Emma and hopefully Hannah (her sister) will be able to join us next time.

Back to the flat I looked up and watched the moon; the super moon. She looked so lovely but I know she is having an affect on my mood. So dinner, chill and in bed for 21:30. Let's hope I sleep this time.

As always, with my love x



4 comments:

  1. Yes the supermoon was a little exaggerated, although maybe you have to be out in the middle of nowhere to enjoy it.
    Free swimming, you see it isn't all that bad.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Bloody moon! Crazy. Free swimming with the weekly washers lol joy. I would rather be swimming at Manly Beach. Mind you, knowing my luck I would get attacked by a shark! Hugs and love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely chatting with you Karen, a touch of normality during a somewhat freaky night! Apparently it was one of the worst quakes for years as it was so shallow and made the shaking stronger - it seemed to go on for ever but was over in a flash at the same time, afterwards my legs were so shaky like I'd been on a boat in a storm! Thank you again my dear friend for helping us out and keeping me grounded. Love you heaps girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jackie. Yes it was lovely to chat 'real time' albeit in the middle of an earthquake, but you know me! Always there to lend a hand lol. It must have been absolutely terrifying (yet if I knew I would be OK a touch exciting). I am always here you know that, no matter how many miles we are apart. Love you my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete