Monday 28 November 2016

Do you Do you really enjoy living a life that's so hateful? 'Cause there's a hole where your soul should be You're losing control of it and it's really distasteful (Fuck You - Lily Allen)

This song makes me giggle.  I think it is because it basically says ... Fuck You!  I have said that quite about the past week so this song really had to be used somewhere before the month come to an end.  If you offended, get over it!  As always, enjoy!




Saturday:  When I woke up this morning I was cold.  Winter is here.  Today I was going to visit my one family member who I have any contact with.  My Auntie; my Dad's sister.  Of course there were no trains this weekend due to engineering. Which meant my journey consisted of three buses which took around two hours to get there.  I was so cold when I arrived, but her home was lovely and snug.

It was good to see her and she is so happy when I visit. I will try harder next year to go more often. We had a lovely lunch and a chat and then it was time for me to make tracks home. My Auntie walked me to the bus stop, even though I was insisting that I would find it and we said our goodbyes.  I always get so sad at these occasions. I have no family as such.  A couple of cousins, a brother who is well, who is America and I have not seen for many years and my Aunt. Sometimes it feels that I am so alone in this big wide world and if I were to disappear, who would actually miss me.

Back home, heating on and pizza ordered.  This is not a good time of year for me, for so many reasons.  I love Christmas, the magic of it; yet it brings home to me too many sad memories.  I decided that I would have pizza and Netflix and be dammed.  And dammed I was; I fell asleep and woke myself up numerous time snoring like a great big fat pig.



Sunday:  Meditation this morning and not good news.  The cafe is no longer under the care of Russel Brand and will no longer be serving just vegan and vegetarian food. This is not good. Only four of us at mediation too.  Not feeling the love.  However, what I do like about East London is how arty it is. I come across this canvas, just nailed to the wall and it made me smile.  There are lots of these little gems around; you just need to keep your eyes open. I thought this one was quite apt to be honest.  I walked along the canal towards Angel and decided that I would do a bit of Christmas shopping.  There, I have said it.  Purchased my cards and some chocolates from Paul A Young, my favourites, to give to the person who gave us our free tickets to The Shard on Friday.  A few more bits and bobs and I was too cold, so made my way home again.

Andy has three of his friends over this afternoon to play a board game. His friends are so, so lovely and they always say hello and make a fuss over me. One of them made the most delicious banana bread.  I felt a small victory had been won as I got the 'knob' end of the cake and said that I got the 'knob' and not four gay men!  They really are a lovely group of people and I love them to bits. I stayed in my room, updating my blog and catching up on other things.  Bath Tub gin (my favourite) duly ordered along with amending the Tesco order to add Fever Tree tonic water.  It is getting a bit like Christmas.  I will go back to Paul A Young chocolates at Camden Passage in a fortnight and get a box of his delicious chocolates.  However, I will have to find a new Netflix box set to watch as I am two thirds through The Crown already.   

I forgot to mention that we have some new art work across the road from our flat. It highlights how long it takes on a Boris bike to get to different parts of London.  I don't know who did the timings but according to the statues, it takes 15 minutes to cycle to Shoreditch.  I think Lance Armstrong would be hard pushed to do that in 15 minutes! Especially, as they say it takes 10 minutes to get to Waterloo! However, good to see something new in the neighbourhood.

So another weekend comes to an end.  Now it is all downhill to those 24 hours a year that really test me. But in the immortal words of good old Gloria ...... I will survive!

As always, with my love x 




1 comment:

  1. 15 minutes to shoreditch? By jet aircraft maybe.
    Even if the cafe is no longer vegetarian, they're still going to have veggie stuff on the menu though, yes?
    The cold doesn't help this time of year, but the fact that every day is a mammoth advertising campaign for a holiday many people don't want or can't afford. I've told you; just ignore it. If enough people ignored it and refused to get sucked in then they'd be forced to stop this constant push of products we don't need.
    ok, I'll get off my soapbox.
    have a nice week
    xx

    ReplyDelete