Sunday 20 November 2016

When a moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie That's amore When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine That's amore (That's Amore - Dean Martin)

Dean Martin.  What a smoothie he was. Tall, dark, handsome.  Ticks a lot of my boxes, but alas dead. Which let's face it makes a change from being gay. Love this song as it reminds me of my childhood too.  As always enjoy!



Saturday and Sunday:  Lazy morning as it was so cold. So made some tea and porridge and went back to bed and watched Peter York's Hipster Handbook on Channel 4. Oh I loved this programme.  I knew exactly where the majority of it was filmed and as you know, I am rather partial to a hipster.  There was one point where I could just see Andy's roll when it showed the Mast Brother's chocolate making empire. I will not ruin it for you, watch it on More 4 and enjoy the moment.  You can take the boy out of the North; but you cannot take the north out of the boy!

So tonight is date night. Grayson has reached Level 5. Well done him, which is is remarkable really isn't it.  We are off to Stoke.  Newington. Stoke Newington. I have just had the Gok Wan show with George Michael singing as I parade numerous outfits in front of Andy for us to decide what to wear.

So date night didn't really pan out how it should have done. I think I am cursed with anything with the word Stoke in it! Not all lost. Lovely Thai meal and the restaurant had photos of all my beautiful Bangkok temples on the wall. I had my favourite: tofu Massaman curry and rice. It was really a simple little cafe really but the food was wonderful.

The rest of the weekend was challenging and I am not prepared to go into details here, but needless to say it is decision time.  It did not help when at the very small Overground Station I saw a ghost, and I mean literally the name of a ghost,  from Christmas pass waiting for
the same train as me.  There are 7.5 million people in London and there they were, waiting for the train.  You really could not make it up could you? When that flight of fight feeling sets in and all you want to do is get home as quick as you can, the Universe decides that sure OK you can do that but we will just make it as painful, emotional and difficult as we can for you.  I did hesitate and wondered whether to wait by the stairs and then thought 'sod it' and just walked passed them.  Like most people, they had their head in their phone and did not see me. They went into the first carriage; I into the second. 

Finally home and a quick debrief with Andy before he went out then I just had a shower and went to bed.  It was 17:00.

It has been the best of times; but the worse of times.

As always, with my love x




6 comments:

  1. Ah sorry to hear it wasn't so good. We must find time to Skype. I"m having internet issues at the moment (sigh) but once I sort that out lets chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah Yes 'it's complicated'! I would love to Skype at some point Let me know when you are sorted. Hugs and love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things can only get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that Ian. Like I have said before, that was Number One when Meg was born :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blooming heck. That makes me feel old now :-)

    ReplyDelete