Friday 4 November 2016

But it was just my imagination Runnin' away with me-once again Seems it was just my imagination Runnin' away with me (Just My Imagination - The Temptations)

November! What happened? I thought I would do something a bit different this month, so I am going to feature tracks from the film Bridget Jones's Baby. I have been listening to this on Spotify and there are so many brilliant songs on there that just make me smile.  So we are starting off the month with a classic. I bet you sing the title when you read it.  As always, enjoy.



Monday:  Andy is off on his holidays today, he is going, with friends to the Isle of White. I wish I had friends to travel with sometimes. He was very excited and he is ready for a break.  Today I was in a meeting all day at The Oval.  I have never been here before, I mean, why should I have been? I have never even been to a cricket match.  I was very impressed by it and thought it was ironic the number of times both in this life, and past life, that I have been past the ground.

Not feeing the love by the time I got home. The day was successful; I do not feel the same. The icebreaker today was Desert Island Discs. So what book would you take? Easy. Wuthering Heights of course. What piece of music? Again so easy. Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A Major.  Are you surprised by that? I bet you are. Most of my colleagues were. It reminds me of my Meg who used to play this piece on her clarinet. Oh how I miss her. Finally, what would be my luxury item? So I said Bear Grylls.  As you can imagine, that went down well.

By the time I got home, make up off I was feeling quite low. Andy was away and let's face it, why should he be the one to always be there to pick me up and everyone else, well they were busy with Halloween. It didn't help matters when good old Timehop twisted the knife and showed me a post from two years ago which mentioned my dear friend Steve.  I know why I am feeling low, but I am not prepared to share it with you. It will be resolved. So here I am listening to Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A Major, which let's face it, really is not helping is it. But you know me, always there for everyone else and always hard on myself. Had a lovely Skype chat with my friend Sarah who is in Turkey. It was good to catch up.

Tuesday:  Better day today. I have thrown myself into my work (as I always do). Saving the world and sorting out everyone else's problems are far easier than my own life.  This is why I do the work I do.  Cold and grey in London but a busy day.  I did have chores to do tonight (ironing, cleaning that kind of stuff). None of it got done. I gave myself a lazy night but I really should be getting my backside in gear for next week. Grayson texted, he is off tomorrow so is coming over to mine for a few hours. This will be the first time he has been to mine, so that is a bit scary. Our flat is lovely, but my room tells people so much about me (if they were to take the time to look). He will look and he will ask. I guess that is good.

Wednesday: Worked really hard this morning and was up early to cram as much in as I could. Grayson turned up and we had a lovely afternoon, chatting and laughing. He liked my room and asked lots of questions about the little things I have in there. Sentimental stuff that remind me of people, places and memories. We had a great time. I will not see him now for a few weeks. He has a busy weekend, I am away, he has commitments the week after and then it is mid November. But that is fine. I guess Little Miss Cynical is just waiting for it all to crash and burn. It is all a bit scary to be honest and I really could do with a hug right now.

Thursday:  Where is the week going.  Andy will be back again soon and I have done nothing. I had plans for this week - a trip to the cinema. Nothing. Tonight I finished work at 8.30pm as I am trying to sort everything out before I go on annual leave. Well at least I am not bored.

Friday:  Grey, wet and cold in London. The leaves are rapidly leaving the trees. However, I am feeling rather positive about the festive season. I was like this last year then when Christmas Day come it was boom. I will hold on to these positive thoughts. I saw an old work colleague from the job I absolutely hated today. She, along with her colleague were one of the very few who were kind and talkative to me. We met totally by random and went for a coffee and a chat. It was was so lovely to see her and so strange how we had ended up on the same train. But it was good to catch up and we both believe it karma and thought it really strange that we both ended up on the same train going to the same place.

Back home and busy, busy, busy sorting 'stuff' out before I finally put the 'Out of Office' reply on! Yay! I was quick happy when I found another 45E in a purse, especially as when I purchased them I got them for around 1.35 E to the £.  I may have to have another bottle of perfume now! So a quiet night, writing, catching up, listening to music and doing what I do best, thinking.  However, time is now moving so fast and I really must get my arse in gear this weekend. I have a very busy and eventful week ahead.

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. That is the spirt, picked yourself up from the Monday low. Grr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ian yes just my insecurities running away with me 😊 X

      Delete