Saturday 19 November 2016

If you see me walking down the street And I start to cry each time we meet Walk on by, walk on by Make believe That you don't see the tears Just let me grieve (Walk on By - Dionne Warwick)

Such a beautiful song. I have always loved this song, the words, her voice full of emotion.  How can you not be moved by this song.  As always, enjoy.




Monday:  Not feeling the love at the moment my friends. I am blaming the moon. She cannot help it, she is a super moon.  Working from home today, which doesn't help as totally on my own, so time to think (or not think as so busy because I have been away).  I guess I am just wishing someone would put their arms around me, give me a hug and say it is all going to be OK - whatever that means.

Really busy day, coupled with the disappointment of Grayson not being able to organise himself by asking me if I wanted to attended a photography exhibition opening on Wednesday evening.  Of course I would love too; but I am working Wednesday night and it is too short notice to reschedule! It really is getting hard work.

I decided to catch a bus and subject myself to Tesco which really should now be called Winter Wonderland as it is obviously now Christmas ........ sigh! I wanted to feel like Begbie in Trainspotting. Now any of you who know the film will know that this character was played by Robert Carlyle. Begbie went looking for trouble and if he could not find any; he would create it!.  I felt as I feel so angry, upset, annoyed, flat, irritated (you get the picture) I may as well subject myself to a situation that I would normally avoid aka Tesco in November! So you will be pleased to hear that I did not glass anyone (like Begbie did in Trainspotting) and I survived!

Tuesday:  Up and out early and called into Guy's Chapel to have ten minutes with my Dad. He must really get fed up with me going on about the same old thing, over and over again.  Found a new little coffee cart positioned by The Shard and had a lovely chat with the guy running it. Long day over and it was time to kick back. So gender role reversal again this evening. I am watching football (more England disappointment) and Andy shaved his legs (no he didn't) but you you get my point.  

We now have the Bell of Hell. It used to be the Bell of Disappointing Dates. But for the festive period we have renamed it. Every time there is a reminder that Christmas is in December, not November, we ring the Bell of Hell.  Sigh.

Wednesday:  Awake at 5.00am and finished work at 10.00pm; it has been a long day.  Received a text message from PPLP my little French friend who wondered if I was around this weekend and if so, would I like to grab a cheap flight and go to somewhere like Glasgow with him! Really! I would love to go to Glasgow and told him this but unfortunately (well fortunately) I have plans for this weekend but we agreed that we should do it some other weekend.  Only in London my friends.

Thursday:  There is a lot of fish in South East London. Some days it just like being by the sea!  The demographics of this area are mainly African and the Africans eat a lot of fish and do a lot of God! On my bus journey home this afternoon it was like being on a trawler out at sea.  I was always told that if you can smell fish then it has gone off!  So much for that advice. I got chatted up by a two year old on the bus today. He was in his pushchair and kept winking at me and blowing kisses, it was so sweet. Later on I went for coffee in M&S and there was a six month old little boy in his pram who was smiling and laughing at me.  His mother said he never smiles and she was amazed how much he was taken by me.  My Dad always said I had a sign over my head that only some people could see.  Let's face it, we know where that has landed me in the past.  But I thought it was kind of sweet. Sat with Andy to watch The Apprentice we are so funny, Gogglebox are really missing a trick with us I tell you.  

Friday:  Long day training others today and I REALLY needed a drink after work. Got home, poured myself a huge glass of Malbec, drunk it, laid on my bed and fell asleep.  Come to London they said. It will be wild they said! However, I did feel better when I woke up as I have had a on off headache all day.  So a quite night as I have a busy, and hopefully enjoyable weekend.  But more about that next time folks!

As always, with my love x





2 comments:

  1. Yes I was in London this time last year and I remember the endless aisles full of 'gift ideas' and piles of shite that nobody really needs but feel they should buy anyway. That and the xmas markets. And the adverts.
    Hope things are going a little better for you now
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Sarah. Yep it is now Christmas (again). I am refusing to subscribe to it all. However, I will go and see the Regent Street lights as they do look fab. Hugs and love xxx

    ReplyDelete