Friday 22 January 2016

Is it getting better, or do you feel the same. Will it make it easier on you now, you got someone to blame (One - U2)

One.  Oh how this song makes my heart ache.  I adore it. The words are so moving and sum up, well I think, how most people feel at some time when they are in a relationship.  The song starts of quiet and then slowly builds up. Ironically, this song come about when U2 were going through a difficult time in their career and they were working on the album Achtung Baby in Berlin (remember that) and this track has been named by many critics as one of the best U2 tracks of all time.  Well I think so ............ along with so many more! As always, enjoy!



Monday:  I want to like Monday mornings again.  I have never had a problem with them as I have never been one of those people who hate Mondays.  But just recently I cannot tell you how much I despise them.  I know the reason why and I know it is up to me to change it, and I will.  9.00-5.00 come and thankfully went and I could not get out of the door quick enough.  Quiet Monday night, my treat to me.  But winter is well and truly here now, it was so cold walking home and now at 20:30 it is only one degree.  That is cold for London. Oh to be flying East ......................

Tuesday:  I am being tested at the moment.  That is all I shall say. 9.00-5.00 done and tonight I was out.  Since arriving in London I have wanted to go swimming.  However, the number of pools relatively near to my flat are limited, to say the least.  However, a place within a ten minute walk come to my knowledge.

It is run by a Housing Association and it is a sheltered housing complex for the over 50's.  Right, shut up now before you start! It is open to the general public, regardless of their age! I am still 29 remember.  So tonight I went for the Aqua Fit. The complex itself is great.  It is like walking into a five star hotel.  The receptionist greeted me and took my money off me and told me to wait in the foyer.  I thought to myself, I could have some of this, shall I put my name down.  However, I did sit in the foyer waiting whilst checking my phone on numerous dating sites ....... as us single girls do!  

The class consisted of moi (obviously), two other women who arrived together who were probably mid 30's and two other women, who arrived together who were probably late 50's.  And that was it.  The pool was quite small but oh so warm.  However, this is the first time in my entire life that I have attended any exercise class where I was the smallest person there! And I do not mean in height. Even the instructor was larger than me.  It really was quite strange as this is the first exercise class I have taken for years, let alone in London. It still makes me giggle when I hear, with very southern south east London accents such delights as 'fuck this, this is hard work'. Welcome home Karen.

Well I did my bit and I did have to keep stopping myself from giggling.  If any of the elder residents had come down and looked they would have got an eye full as at numerous times my ........ 'assets' were doing their thing in my costume! I had visions of them having a stroke, well not literally, but you know what I mean and an ambulance having to be called! The instructor gave us some floaty dumb bell things to use and mine broke (of course they did) on two occasions.  It was so funny. But I did enjoy it as it was a small and lovely group.  I will return next week.  It took me 10 minutes to walk home and Andy, love him, had cooked dinner.  So I think I will be tucked up in bed early tonight; I should sleep well.

Wednesday:  Well I did not sleep that well but at least the 9.00-5.00 was enjoyable as it can be.  After work I stayed on the bus and went up to Covent Garden to another Meet Up group.  It is related to the group I attend on a Sunday, my meditation group. This group met at a shop called Buddha on a Bicycle. A brilliant shop that sold crystals, jewellery and all the lovely little things I like to spend my well earned cash on.  Today I did not buy a thing.  This was a lovely group, so relaxing. We mediated for 20 minutes then relaxed for 10 minutes.  Sheer bliss.  Called in Wasabi, one of my favourite take away eateries in London for some Japanese food for dinner.  In fact I have had a Japanese day, well apart from my breakfast, as I had sushi for lunch. 

Short bus journey home and I was soon back in my little flat.  Andy has friends around this evening which is great.  I popped my head around the door to say hello then went to my room.  To be honest, it gave me time to catch up on my blog, bills, emails and phone calls.  All is well.

Thursday:  I did not feel the love for Thursday morning.  But I had so much love for my bed!  9.00-5.00 done and out of the way it was back home, quick dinner and tonight I was out to the theatre.  I have mentioned before that I have such a great theatre near to where I live, it is called the Southwark Playhouse.


Not only does it have a warm and wonderful atmosphere, but they have some great performances on a regular basis.  I have been there numerous times and have always seen something brilliant.  Tonight I saw a performance of 'This Will End Badly'.  Strangely, I was drawn to the name of the play as I thought it kind of summed up my life!  The performance was working with the charity called CALM - The Campaign Against Living Miserably' which is a registered charity which exists to prevent male suicide.  Apparently, (and I kind of knew this anyway) suicide is the single biggest killer of men between the ages of 20-45 in the UK and in 2013, 78% of suicides were male.  Scary and disturbing figures reflecting something that we, as a society, would rather not want to discuss. 

The play was a monologue and I have to say the actor was very easy on my eye, ticking many of my preferred boxes.  The play was extremely moving for me. It was about one guys emotional turmoil after a relationship ends. The play only run for 65 minutes but you slowly see the pain, turmoil and torture as the guy struggles with surviving whilst having thoughts of suicide in his head.  I will not lie to you, I found it difficult at times to watch because it took me back to a place where I really do not need to be reminded of. However, I could relate with the character's attempt to understand his depressive behaviour. Deeply moving, painful at times to watch but a truly inspiring performance.  Once home I made a donation to the charity CALM. If you would like to do so, please text CALM14 £3 to 70070.  This charity takes over 40,000 calls annually on their free and confidential helpline.  Check them out at:


Friday: I made it.  It is Friday! Tonight I went to the Chiropodist.  It was down a little road just by Waterloo Station. I wanted to take a photo of the road because it was like walking back in time, however, I found a photo on line instead. London has these pockets of beauty. You just have to know where to find them. It is called Roupell Street and it has remained virtually untouched for 150 years.  It consists of a row of Grade II listed Victorian terraced houses and it is rather magical.  The road has been a backdrop for many television programmes including Mr Selfridge, Call the Midwife, Doctor Who and was featured in the Tom Hardy film Legend.  This beautiful street is the home of my Chiropodist and this is where the words beautiful and my feet come to an abrupt end!

My feet are not my best feature!  Far from it.  As a child I was fortunate enough to have Clark's shoes and still wear Clark's shoes for work.  It did not matter, I still have the most hideous feet.  I remember my dear Girlie Glee friends from Kent used to call me Llama Girl because of my feet.  Basically, my big toe and the toe next to it are together; then I have a gap, then the other toes are together ......... just like a llama's hoof.  Today the Chiropodist looked at my toes and said 'oh they are quite unusual aren't they'.  I have decided to look at them as my unique selling point. Alternatively, just keep them covered up.  But this was money well spent as they still look hideous but they are a delight to walk on.

Andy is out tonight, he has a date so I decided to give myself a date with Marks & Spencer and treated myself to a lovely meal. Did not take long to consume that and time to kick back and relax.  Thank goodness it is the weekend!

As always, with my love x








2 comments:

  1. Your chiropodist street did look very familiar; when I first looked I thought 'Krays', but I know where that was filmed (can't remember where but know I've been there) but you can see it would make a great movie set.
    I got an email about that play; I was quite annoyed because I thought I'd taken myself off all these newsletters (I hate getting emails about things I'd like to do but can't get to). Did look interesting. Ah well, I suppose I do have the sunshine as compensation :)
    Have a great weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah. Yes I thought the Krays too. The play was absolutely brilliant. It was so moving and worth every penny. But like you say you have the sunshine! Safe travels my friend xx

      Delete