Sunday 16 October 2016

Like the Phoenix coming back from the ashes, uh-huh I know what's good but I know what trash is (Many Happy Returns - ABC)

Quite appropriate this one, like the phoenix coming back from the ashes. She is back. Painkiller free, yet cautious of back but determined to have a weekend. So as always, enjoy.




Saturday:  I have a new dirty little secret on a Saturday morning! What is it I hear you cry! Coach Trip.  I used to love coach trip in a past life and now have found it again on a Saturday morning.  I said to Andy that we should go on it, can you imagine. However, we would have to have so much time off work to do it, but I do like Brendan. Washed and out this morning and walked to Borough Market to buy the usual lovely bread, mushroom pate and olives.  I had a flirtatious moment with the guy on the olive stall (he is rather lovely) and was going to grab a coffee but once again, the back was aching.  

Back to the flat and held up on the sofa, which let's face it makes a change from the bed. I am suppose to be out tonight, only local, for a few drinks.  I will have to see how I am feeling. So I went out, just to the three local pubs near to my flat. It was a good night and great to catch up with people I haven't seen for a few weeks.  Played it safe, stuck to small glasses of wine, but pleased that I went and had a great evening. One of my friends is going to Australia for a few weeks and coming back via Bangkok, so I need to message him with some ideas where to go and what to see.

Sunday:  Oh what a Sunday morning.  The weather was appalling and I hit the snooze button at least three times. To say I got drenched before I got to meditation would be a slight understatement; but pleased that I went and once again it gave me the opportunity to catch up with people. It is so good to see people who have come out the other side from feeling unhappy with their lives. That aside, Hannah, Emma and I left the cafe and went somewhere else for something to eat and a drink and a good old natter about what has (or has not) been going on in our lives.  Yet again, it was good to catch up.

Back home and my back ached so I took it easy (again). It is driving me mad now as there is so much I want to be doing but need to rest up and be 'sensible'. I will figure it out. I am just pleased that things are healing.  So tonight Andy and I caught up with all the rubbish we had recorded all week.  All is well, but it is a full moon so all the weirdos will be messaging me!

As always, with my love x



2 comments:

  1. Awr, it's awful being ill when all you can think of is things you want to be getting on with. At least you got out and about a bit though.

    There's a new market opened up somewhere in SE1, a food market, but I can't remember exactly where. Time out where on about it.

    Hope you start to feel better soon.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yes it is vile and it reminds me how vulnerable and alone I really am (sad but true). It is Monday today and all is looking positive. The market you are on about is opposite the courts the end of Harper Road. I have been there. It is mainly Italian food, beer, wine etc. It is OK, but I cannot help thinking now it is getting cold and wet the surroundings will not be the best. Hugs and love xxx PS send me some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete