Saturday 29 October 2016

When they find you beached on the barrier reef And the only pleasure treasured is in map relief The choice is yours, sure, saint or thief Don't ask me I already know (Valentine's Day - ABC)


Another classic track from this wonderful album.  As always enjoy.




Monday:  Dragged myself together and sat and drunk some coffee with us both still chatting away and laughing and I left Grayson's flat at 11.00ish and made my way to Euston to meet my dear friend Cherise and her family.  We have not seen each other for over a year and it was so lovely to see her again. We hugged and hugged and hugged. So today was a memory day.  We got the tube and made our way to Buckingham Palace the children loved it.  We walked down the Mall, Trafalgar Square and to Horseguard's Parade where the children had their picture taken with the solders on their horses. I explained to them that I had many a picture taken like this when I was their age.

We walked passed 10 Downing Street, along to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. It was so lovely to see them. Along the river, past the London Eye, Southbank, Tate Modern and the Globe.  Mamie was really interested in Shakespeare and wanted to see the Globe. Then off to Nando's for lunch and a good sit down.  We were taking photos, laughing and having a wonderful time.

Then off along the river to Tower Bridge, over Tower Bridge and to Tower of London then back on the tube up to Euston.  We were all tired. I had the wrong shoes on as I had come straight from Grayson's but all was well.  Then it was time to say goodbye.  I hate goodbyes.  Mamie said when was I coming back to Stoke and I explained that I would not be coming back. Sam said not even for 1 million pounds and I said no and they both could not understand that. I started to get upset, the Mamie got upset because I was upset, so I had to pretend not to be, so Larni took the children away and I got really upset with Cherise.  I really do miss them so much. They are like my own little family, but Cherise knows why I will not go back. She said they will be back again next year to see me. We hugged. I cried. They left and I cried all the way to the bus.  It was such a lovely, memory day.


Tuesday: I did not want to get up this morning.  I wanted to stay in bed, but I did not as once again, I was busy.  Work done and dusted I joined Andy and some of his friends for a sneaky drink which was really nice then caught the bus to Waterloo.  Tonight I went to see ABC at The Festival Hall. Amazing.  The majority of the people were 'my age' and it was great.  I cannot believe that this album is now 34 years old.  What happened there? The soundtrack to my life being played out with an orchestra and it was amazing. I did cry a couple of times because it was all a tad emotional, but good. 

There is nothing like live music to heal to soul and tonight my soul was healed and nourished.  I cannot believe I have now heard that album played in full, with an orchestra.  I am truly blessed. 

Wednesday:  Quiet day today work wise, thank goodness. I did what I had to do and not much else.  I got some cakes and Andy and I sat and watched the GBBO final after we put away a huge Tesco order which means there is still nothing in the cupboard to eat. Watched GBBO and I had kind of guessed who I thought would win weeks ago, so no surprises.  

Thursday:  After work tonight I met my friend Christine at the pub (as you do in London) and was introduced to some of her lovely friends. We went to King's College to take part in a think tank debate on the gender pay gap.  There were two female High Court Judges, a successful legal professional and a professor and the talk was so interesting. It reminded me how much I miss academic study. I went to chat to Her Honour Justice Kent afterwards to put a thought of mine across and we stood chatting for a while. She said that she did not believe I was in my 50s. So my friends, if High Court judges do not believe my age then all in the world is good for me.

Back home and the usual Thursday excitement - The Apprentice.  I do not know why I watch it as it drives me mad.  How can anyone be so money driven? I really do not understand it.

Friday:  My back reminded me that it is still not happy this morning. Nothing too painful, but painful enough. I have made an appointment to see my GP in a few weeks to discuss. Busy day 'at work' aka home printing, updating, writing reports and making phone calls. Then late afternoon I walked down to Boots for my flu jab.  I do not normally have one but I was so ill last year and now I am working with vulnerable and ill people I think it is only right for me to have this. My employer pays for it, but I could have had one anyway at the GPs. That done and dusted I just had a quiet night.  Where do the weeks go?

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Well if I won the lottery (doubtful since I don't do it) I would be happy to spend the rest of my days as a perpetual student, just studying different things with no real job in mind.
    Yeah there is something healing about live music, although I never got the whole ABC thing. 34 years, just like that eh?
    You're getting quite a regular at Nandos these days. Have to get you a loyalty card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Alas, no lottery win last night. Yes, I can tell you are surprised. But fear not, it is Premium Bonds on Tuesday, so fingers still crossed. No loyalty card. I have been twice in my life, I am not counting off the days to the third visit. London has been very grey and foggy today, kind of summed up my mood. Oh how I hate the winter months! As always with my love xxx

    ReplyDelete