Saturday 22 October 2016

Searching for certainty When it's such an unstable world Searching for something good And I'm looking for the real McCoy Blueprint: That says that boy meets girl Picture: Girl meets boy A blueprint that says that the boy meets the girl Picture in a magazine (Tears Are Not Enough - ABC)

Andy had never heard this track either. I guess it is because I just love the whole album and are gleefully working my way through it.  As always, enjoy.



Monday:  I did not feel the love for Monday morning. It as dark and you can feel the cold on it's way.  I had to go to North London first thing, so I took the bus from outside the flat. I had to walk past the Guardian offices and I had a little giggle as it reminded me of a scene from The Thick of It.  They should bring that back now after the brexit fiasco.  That meeting done I then had to get over to South East London. I am certainly travelling around. All meetings done and dusted it was back on a train into town.  So a busy day, but all good.  

Tuesday:  My back reminded me today that it is not repaired!! So more pain relief.  Busy day at work. They are always busy days but I love it.  I really love my job.  Andy had a friend over this evening so to give them some privacy I went to the pictures. Not to my lovely Picture House Central but to the Odeon at Surrey Quays.  Bit of a come down.  I went to see the new Tom Hank's film - Inferno.  I have seen all the over Dan Brown films and have always liked Ron Howard's films but I did not feel the love for this film.  It is OK, nothing more. So don't rush to go and see it.  Back home and all is well.

Wednesday:  Working from home all day to day and it was full on. Received a reply to my text from Grayson and the third date is on for Saturday. But more about that later, but I do have to save it is rather exciting and it has totally blown me away what we are doing! The flat has felt cold today, I need to be flying south for the winter.  I say this every year. Every year I stay. Unlike my dear friend Sarah who is now not going to stay in Europe for Christmas, but is going to Australia.  Oh I hope my Premium Bond numbers come good.


How I have looked for most of the past two weeks! Well not a waist that size!
Thursday:  Oh I love my job.  I am out and about all over London, and to some extent the UK too, meeting so many interesting people and work colleagues. I feel really blessed.  I just wish my back would ease up.  It is 100% better than it was, but it is still not right.  I wanted it to be OK for Saturday, but it looks now as if it will not be.  I will explain to Grayson, he will be fine.  See look, I am doing it again, not worrying just accepting.  Quiet night in with Andy and myself giggling like school children at most things on the TV. If anyone watched us they would never believe us. We just laugh so much.  Life is good.

Friday:  I have told my back not today!  Grey, cold day in London.  The leaves on the tree outside of my window are now turning brown and slowly drifting off the branches. People walk by with coats and scarves; winter is knocking slowly on the door.  Change of plans on the horizon. Grayson rang at 18:30 sounding absolutely terrible and apologising profusely that he is not sure about meeting up tomorrow.  We agreed that he would ring me tomorrow for an update. C'est la vie. Tad disappointed as where I was to meet him would have been so great but you cannot help feeling ill can you?  All is good.

As always, enjoy x 


2 comments:

  1. The Guardian is the place at King's X, isn't it? I took a couple of courses there last year. Very posh.
    Yes You had better hope for lottery or premium bonds if you want to go to Australia. Soooo expensive; I have no idea how I"m going to pay for it. Ah whatever.
    Hope you did get your weekend date after all that. Look forward to hearing about it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah, yes I am banking on a lottery win then I will join you. Weekend date was a huge success. I am very happy. xx

    ReplyDelete