Monday 5 December 2016

I don't wanna know your name. And I do want your private number, baby. All I know is that to me You look like you're lots of fun Open up your loving arms Hear what's up, what's up (You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)) - Dear or Alive

December.  What happened?  I remember doing the December blog last year and all the Christmas songs. 12 months, just gone.  So I thought this year I would do something different.  I have been listening to Spotify a lot these days and there is a playlist on there called Pride Classics.  I mean, let's face it .... thank God for the gays! If it was not for the gays, goodness knows where I would be now. Actually, there is a line in the Bridget Jones film where she actually says 'thank God for the gays'.  I cannot think where she had that from! Well I guess I am a Honorary Gay Man!  So, as always, kick off your shoes, get your boa and move baby!





Saturday:  Lazy start to the day as I slept so well the previous night.  Emma said that I may after my treatment with the osteopath, and she was not wrong. I have not slept that well for months.  First stop this morning, well almost afternoon, was Waterloo.  I went to St John's Church to look at two panels of the AIDS quilt which was being displayed.  I have to be honest, I did get rather upset looking at it and reading the stories behind the work. Such a waste. I remember this time oh so well. People were being diagnosed and just dying. We have moved on. Diagnosis, especially early diagnosis, does no longer mean death.  People who are HIV+ will, with the right medication, go on to have long and healthy lives. However, there still remains the stigma of actually being HIV+, unfortunately this does not seem to have moved on.  Ironically, in my experience, the ones who have the most to say on it are the ones who do not even know their status.  Do you know, or just assume your status? Please go and get checked and not assume. It is just an easy blood test.

I left the church feeling rather emotional and then caught the bus up to Piccadilly. Oh my. London is full. Full of mainly tourists who have not learnt the 'dance' of city living. I walked through Leicester Square thinking to myself, why the hell was I here. Finally, I entered the Flight Centre to be greeted with peace and quite.  I was served by a lovely guy called Kieran and we had a good chat. I cannot book my flight to NZ yet as it is too soon, but we talked over the options and stopover destinations and he took my email and phone number and will contact me if or when there are some flight sales.  All very exciting.

Next stop as Boots at Piccadilly.  I wanted some treatments for my hair as I am just loving the length and want to help it from stop keep falling out.  I was looking at some products and got talking (as I do) to the guy promoting it. He was lovely and I think his name was Issa. He was lovely.  He gave me some good advice on my hair type and then I sat as he styled my hair. I told him I wanted to take him home with me but he said he has a husband (of course he does) and three cats and two rabbits but I said that would be fine and if he ever needed a wife, here I am. Yes I know, I can do shallow.

So of course I purchased some products so I will give you an update on them when I use them, but I hope they work as they were not cheap. Then off to one of my favourite places: Picturehouse Central at Piccadilly.  My cinema. I went to see Fantastic Beasts and where to find them.  I felt I needed some magic in my life. It is because it is Christmas and this is something Meg and I would have done when she was younger.  It was really good and did find myself clapping my hands with glee at one point. I can be so childlike at times. But I would recommend it. It was a good film.

I left the cinema and had a quick look at the Christmas lights in Regent Street and Haymarket which I must say, are beautiful. They are wired angles and are stunning.  I really like them.  Caught the bus and homeward bound.  It has been another good day.

Sunday:  Another lazy start to the day then office work. I updated my CV (more about that later) and started to make some notes.  Bank accounted updated and I am still (just) solvent. Then I sat and watched The Miracle on 34th Street whilst eating Quorn sausage rolls.  It is really getting to look a lot like Christmas.

So that was very much it for the day to be honest. By 18:00 I wished I had gone out somewhere but it was too late then to make a move. So a quiet night in, which is not a bad thing as the next week or two is totally full on.

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes I remember how it goes this time of year; the whole country is in London at the shops buying up every piece of crap they can find. Glad to be out of it :)
    These NZ/Aus flights are rarely discounted are they? Unless you want to travel for 40+ hours routing through 4 different airports, of course. Not coming in February I suppose? I have to go then and still debating where to go exactly. Anywhere without mosquitos and other little biting things will be good with me.
    Anyway, hope all is going ok and you're not too depressed about impending season.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Yes it is all rather mad and I am trying to live here! However, The Shard is now giving me a beautiful light display every evening, which is rather lovely. Nope can't manage February to Oz unfortunately. However, if those Premium Bonds come up that is another story. Hugs and love xx

    ReplyDelete