Sunday 11 December 2016

Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet Success has been so easy for you But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now And I can put you back down too (Don't You Want Me Pay - The Human League)


I was particularly drawn to the above lines in this song.  Oh how I would love to say this to some certain people; but I would not. However, don't you just love this song.  I am sure that everyone knows this song. So as always, enjoy!




Monday:  Another frosty start in London today and a very busy week stretches out in front of me.  Working from home this morning, so actually working in PJs as they are nice and snug. Showered, hair washed and on bus to work at Picturehouse Central at Piccadilly late afternoon. My friend Sheila and her partner Mark, who I used to work with in another life, was in town from Stoke. I met her last year when she was visiting and once again, this year, she has taken time out of her trip to spend some time with me. I feel very blessed.

We met at Piccadilly and went to Picturehouse Central for a drink and a good old catch up.  We moved on to Wahaca in Soho and ate some wonderful Mexican food.  Josh Widdicombe was on the next table.  London life darlings; London life. Into the pub for more wine to round off the evening and it was time for goodbyes. They do not get any easier, but it was so lovely spending time with them both and Sheila and I were reminiscing of our time working together and all the highs, and lows it gave us.  It was a good, good day.

Tuesday: I did not want to get up this morning. I had been awake from 3.33 until at least 5.30.  It is the time of year, coupled with talking about things with Sheila last night were all taking their toil on my over acted mind.  Busy day with the 9-5, but a huge breakthrough. I booked a day off over Christmas.  I have not done this for the past six years. Also, spent most of the day doing some rather special Christmas shopping and birthday shopping. All good fun.  
Phone call with my friend Jackie in Stoke tonight and an early night as believe it or not, I was tired.


Wednesday:  I officially feel like the size of a small European country that is alcohol dependent; it must be December.  Busy day at work but tonight was a treat.  I met my BGFF at Picturehouse Central and we went to dine, yes dine, at Cafe Monico.  What a little gem I have found.  It was funny as Andy asked the waiter what a certain thing was on the menu and I could have sworn he said snake, a thin snake with chips. Andy was nodding his head and I was thinking, he wont eat snakes, he hates snakes. So Andy said yes I will have that and the waiter again said, ok snake and chips. It was steak and that my friend was very much the bench mark for the whole evening. I had an amazing gin based cocktail and mussels for my main! All is well.

We then went to the theatre.  This was Andy's Christmas present from me and we went to see The Book of Mormon.  I had no preconceived ideas, I did not even know what it was about. Now, if you are easily offended I suggest you do not read anymore of Wednesday's entry. The play was amazing. It is one of the most funniest things I have ever seen. It is so politically incorrect; it offends everyone - straights, gays, women, men, black, white, yellow (their words not mine), Jews, Catholics, Christians, HIV, cancer, Bono lol the lot. I laughed so much my jaw ached. There was one point, when I had just taken a swig of my diet Coke when they said something and I tried then not to choke to death. It was hysterical.  I would love to go and see it again. Such a treat.

Thursday:  Three strange things happened this morning, the minute I left my flat.  The Universe was telling me it is listening. Firstly, Wham come on the radio.  Oh how I love that song, I knew that all was well in the world. Secondly, I found a five pound note on the pavement. I subsequently put it in the Alzheimer's collection tub. I told myself the next charity I saw collecting I would restore the balance and donate said five pound. Then thirdly, and this is the most amazing, I was walking to the tube and there walking towards me were ......... two Mormons and one was black! I have never seen a Mormon since I moved to London and there they were, two of them. I just laughed. I could not stop myself. After all the antics of last night's play I thought, once again, that it was hysterical.

On the tube and off to a meeting at Paddington Station which went really well. Then I popped into Sainsbury's. Now I should have had my new Sainsbury's yesterday. Like most things in my life, it did not happen. I now understand that it will not open until January as they are issues around the delivery bay. Someone is going to pay a lot for that mistake. Anyway, Sainsbury's Paddington where I purchased a Christmas Tree. Now don't get excited, it is only a tiny, tiny one about a foot high and I have named him Bruce the Spruce.

Another night, another drink. Tonight I met my friend Christine for a drink.  We met at a pub by the river, near to Blackfriars.  I still have to pinch myself that I am living in London.  We had a lovely evening. Chatting, laughing and just having a good time.  I feel truly blessed.

Friday:  Today something really wonderful happened.  I was working at Guy's Hospital.  How cool is that. The hospital that looked after my dear dad. Ironically, from where I was working I could actually see the place where he was cared for and subsequently died.  The building has been knocked down and rebuilt now, but how proud did I feel and I know he would have been so proud of me too.

Off to Osteopath then and how great is this working out.  I don't really get it to be honest.  No xrays, MRIs all that stuff. Just me in my underwear whilst they look at my back then manipulate me.  Tonight they found the cause of my my problems and it appears this has been happening for many years now. They realigned my back and boom as if by magic, all is well.  Amazing.  Needless to say I will be going back for another session to make sure all is well in a few weeks.  But I really would recommend anyone with back issues just to go along and get assessed.  Wonderful stuff.

Horrendous journey home from Bethnal Green and it took me 90 minutes. I could have flown to Paris in that time.  But all is well.


As always, with my love x

5 comments:

  1. 90 minutes from Bethnal Green? Bs strike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ian. No Friday night traffic and city boys having their Christmas parties :)

      Delete
  2. It really is amazing if the osteopath has fixed whatever the problem was with your back. You do wonder how many people around the country could be helped like that if they just knew about it, or if the NHS covered it.
    That book of mormon is really popular; everyone who sees it raves about it. Even my friend who is a Mormon loved it, which seems strange.
    I'm glad you're getting so much done though. Sounds like a really good mix.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah! I know, it is amazing. I have had issues for years with my back and OK I am not saying this will be forever, but if I have issues again, I will know where to go to that is for sure. Book of Mormon is ace and find it funny that you have a Mormon friend who enjoyed it, amazing lol. Yes like is kind of good at the moment and that will do nicely for me thank you. Hugs and love xxx

    ReplyDelete