Sunday 4 December 2016

Pack it up, pack it in, let me begin I came to win, battle me that's a sin I won't ever slack up, punk you better back up Try and play the role and yo the whole crew'll act up Get up, stand up (c'mon!) c'mon throw your hands up If you've got the feeling, jump across the ceiling (Jump Around - House of Pain)

Well I could not feature this soundtrack and not mention this one could I? Some of you may recall that I have used this track before, back last summer when I fell of the bed and probably broke my foot!  Then a few months later, there it is being used in the opening scene of the Bridge Jones film.  Of course it was, why are you even surprised.  I guess it is better than singing All By Myself.  As always, enjoy!




Monday:  It is going to be a strange week this week as I am only working three days! Yay, I think.  Started off working from home this morning then had to go into the office for a meeting.  When I got to the main tube station near the office it was swarming with Police. A police woman stopped me and asked where I was going, was I doing anything good today, where did I work. I stopped her and asked her why all the questions! I felt like I was being interrogated.  My Dad was right, he always said if I had been a boy I would have got my nose broken by the time I was 11.  Anyway, it turns out that the Met were launching a new initiative called 'Together, we've got it covered'. The theory is they flood certain areas with police to deter terrorists.  Me and Mary, we got to first names, had a good old chat about living your life but being vigilant.

Work done, back home and kick back time. Tonight I did some of those chores that never get done.  You know the ones.  Big decision made today too, but cannot mention it now but fingers crossed it could be the start of something exciting ..... you never know.

Tuesday:  Good news today.  Andy got promoted. I am so pleased for him and it is well and truly deserved.  We celebrated by having a large gin and tonic and taking delivery of the Tesco order.  What exciting lives we lead.  But it was a good day and I am so pleased for him.

Wednesday:  Day off today and I was going to ensure that it was going to be a good day and it was.  Grayson come over to my flat at lunchtime and we had lunch of bread, cheeses, olives, tomato and humous all from Borough Market. We sat and talked for hours; just getting to know each other. So date six done and dusted and I had a really lovely day.


Thursday: 1 December - World AIDS Day. I wear my red ribbon all year round. I remember those days in the mid 80s, the awful adverts, the stigma, the damming of a community. I have always been passionate about the HIV/AIDS struggle and will continue to do so.  It is something so very dear to my heart. 

So, Christmas has arrived in London. Christmas trees are springing up all over the place.  Tonight I made my way to the O2 to met my friends Hannah and Emma as well as Craig (my friend from Stoke) and his friend Hazel. We all met up in Wasabi, which is still one of my favourite food places in London and had a good old chat and catch up.  I decided there and then as now I have to 

implement Plan B for Christmas Day, I will have Wasabi for my Christmas dinner. We said our goodbyes to Craig and Hazel and made our way into the stadium. Tonight I was going to see Pete Tong playing the Ibiza Classics.  What can I say. I remember Pete Tong when he did the disco at the pub not far from where I live and also played regularly at the Woodville Halls in Gravesend.  They were the days. He is a good old Kentish bloke. 


Tonight was amazing.  Totally amazing. The orchestra were fantastic and the music, well what can I say.  I was in Ibiza. At certain times they played on screens at the back of the stage images of sunsets from Ibiza and moon and stars as well as picture of the island itself. I was there.  I don't recognise myself these days from the person I was. Sometimes I feel as if I have been released from a cage and can now just be me. OK it is not as great as that sometimes, it can get a bit lonely at times. But, it also gives me the chance to do things like tonight, to dance and smile and just have fun.  So I guess you are never too old to rave and let's face it, my old mate Pete is even two years older than me, so that makes him 31.  Happy, happy days.

Friday:  Day off today, thank goodness. I was so tired.  I think it must be all that dancing last night!  Hairdressers today. She comes to me. So colour done, grey gone and loads cut off and I love it.  I now have shoulder length hair and it looks fab ......... even if I say so myself!

So this afternoon I rocked up to Bethnal Green in the East!  I love it over there. This afternoon I went to see the Osteopath.  Some of you may know I have trouble with my back so I thought I would give this ago. I was recommended this place from my friend Emma as people train there and in their third year run a clinic.  It was amazing. Loads of questions, some a bit painful to answer, but a thorough investigation and then the fun and games started.

My goodness.  I should have known from my Thai massages.  Tiny, little women are the worse.  She had my leg in places it has never been and that is after doing yoga.  She found the problem and worked on the area of my back and then, as if by magic, she yanked my leg and hip and pop! It felt so much better. How clever is that.  I felt as if I had ten rounds with Tyson but wow! Met Emma in a lovely little cafe around the corner for a coffee and then we went off to meditation which was great. Left mediation and walked along Bethnal Green Road to catch the bus and ended up on the wrong bus for Emma as I got the 3s and the 4s muddled up (I am so terrible with numbers) but we got home eventually.  It was a really good day.

As always, with my love x




2 comments:

  1. Will wasabi be open xmas day? Well you could always get take-out the night before. Since you don't eat meat anyway I don't think you need all the traditions that go with it.
    It's good news if you have sorted your back problems out too.
    Sounds like a pretty good week to me: Pete Tong, date night and promotions.
    Just need to keep the momentum going.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yes I will go to Borough Market and Wasabi on Christmas Eve and get my goodies. The Osteopath was a great idea and I cannot tell you now good I have slept the past few days either. All good stuff. Yes each day at a time but all good and like you say it is only 24 hours and it will pass. Love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete