Monday 19 December 2016

You were workin' as a waitress in a cocktail bar When I met you I picked you out, I shook you up and turned you around Turned you into someone new Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet Success has been so easy for you But don't forget, it's me who put you where you are now And I can put you back down too (Don't You Want Me Baby - The Human League)


Once again, I wonder how many of you read this and started singing.  There are just some songs that you automatically know; this is another one of them.  A timeless classic. So as always enjoy.




SATURDAY:  This morning, London is bathed in fog. I feel sorry for the tourists as today they will not see a thing!  I could not even see The Shard. She appeared sometime late in the afternoon, but by the evening, she had disappeared again.  Quiet start to the morning then on the bus to Bermondey as I had booked myself in for a pedicure and manicure.  Or as Andy put it, getting my claws looked at.

I have not had this done since I arrived in London as I am rather anxious about my feet but decided to bite the bullet.  The woman who had the awful task of trying to make me look somewhat normal, was from Vietnam.  I am not surprised with this as the majority of the people who work in the nail bars are from there.  This place was in a hairdressers salon and I think they were Polish, so it was like the United Nations.  That aside, she did a brilliant job and my feet look fine and my hand look lovely.

Back home and today we had our Christmas Dinner.  We cooked a meal and sat watching Christmas films.  We watched Nativity and I have never seen it before and thought it was lovely. However, by the early evening we were both feeling stuffed.  Andy is not well either; he has a rotten chesty cough. So I am trying to keep away from him as I do not want this, thank you very much.

Sunday:  So this Sunday was 'Let's depress ourselves and watch Its A Wonderful Life'.  I have seen this film so many times and it had only been on ten minutes and I was crying and eating my Christmas chocolates ..... all good. Today was date day with Grayson.  In typical Grayson tradition I had not heard anything grrrrrr. However, it transpires that he had sent me a message; I had not received it.  I made my way to the Tate Modern and purchased an annual membership for all Tate galleries.  My Christmas treat to me.  Grayson rocked up in his usual laid back way and we walked up to the Southbank (holding hands which I absolutely love). We went to the Winter Wonderland type thing there and had a couple of ciders, whilst sitting out side.  When we were both frozen to the core we decided to go back to mine and grab some food.  

However, much to Grayson's amusement I had a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction and after a couple adjustments, resulting in absolutely nothing, we decided to go to the toilets at Waterloo and grab some Wasabi.  I have come along way since our first date in May where I was absolutely terrified of meeting him to tonight were my tights, much to his amusement, were falling down. Like I said to him, I am such a classy bird.

Wasabi purchased and on the bus and went home.  We went to my room and when Andy woke up (he has not been well) he come in to meet Grayson and we all had a good chat.  It was like bringing him home to meet the parents. We just chilled in my room watching Breaking Bad (Grayson has not seen it but is off to buy the box set now).  Tomorrow is his 35th birthday and I had got him a card and present (of course I had) as well as a few bits for Christmas. So a lovely evening had by all.


As always, with my love x

Ha ha ha I have just realised I have used this song twice! I am so tired tonight but it goes to show how much I like this song!  Just enjoy it twice x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen
    If you go to viet nam every other place is a school for budding 'nail technicians'; it seems like every person there wants to learn to do nails and then go to another country to make their fortune. So not surprising a lot of them end up in UK.
    Glad you got another date with the man. I'm guessing he's busy over the holidays? Never mind. As I keep saying, it's only one day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah yes all going well with 'the man' we spent Friday night/Christmas Eve afternoon together and now he has gone to do 'family' stuff. It is all good. I will see him next week too. Tomorrow will be just fine hugs and love xxxx

    ReplyDelete