Saturday 2 April 2016

And all of my life no one gave me anything, no one have ever given me anything, my love is as sharp as a needle in your eye, you must be such a fool to pass me by (Seasick, Yet Still Docked - Morrissey)

So another week commences; but only a four day week!  This song is not one of Morrissey's well known.  That aside, Andy had never even heard Every Day Seems Like Sunday! I did say I would have to have a word with his mother and see what upbringing he really did have.  I like the lyrics for this one (there's a surprise).  So this is the last track from The Smiths/Morrissey.  Next month we shall be having something completely different ............ I bet you can't wait.  As always, enjoy!




Tuesday:  Here we are again back on the hamster's wheel.  However, my day took a turn for the better where, out of the blue, I received a text message from my friend McBeal.  You may recall him back in January.  He is now working and living back in China and just dropped me a line to say hello and how was I.  How lovely.  I was not expecting it, but we said we would keep in touch.  It is strange as the past few days I have travelled the world: Daniel - Cambodia, Sarah - Chile and McBeal - China.  The three Cs. How mad is that.

Back home and Andy has been off all day as we were having Sky installed. There had been a few hiccups around keys to the back door and stuff, but by the time I got home there was a happy Andy and there he was downloading the box sets of Game of Thrones we had not seen.  We are going to book a day off work (I have loads of annual leave) and watch the whole of Series 5, because we can.  Lovely dinner cooked by Andy of salmon in a sesame seed sauce with vegetables and stir fry.  
Not my nose, but a similar stud

I had ordered some new nose studs off eBay.  So armed with yet another You Tube video and Andy, who is left handed and did not have a clue, I endeavoured to remove original stud and to put in a lovely new one with a star on it.  Oh my. What a drama.  However, with a bit of team work and not much blood, the new stud is duly fitted and looks rather nice.  I hate to tell him I have ordered loads and intend changing them quite often. On a positive note, at least this time my nose is not resembling Sir Alex Ferguson's nose.  It has been a good day.
Death by consumption

Wednesday: I told Andy that I think I have consumption! He reminded me that Satine, the main character in Moulin Rouge died from consumption, but before she did, she managed to do a whole show at the Moulin Rouge. Sigh. Quiet night tonight as I have the flat all to myself so I am looking on Sky and still deciding that there is still nothing of interest to watch! But the whole package is costing us absolutely nothing for a year so meh who cares.

Thursday:  Not the best of days with the 9.00-5.00; but not the worse either. Home early tonight as our Landlady was coming over to renewal our lease. Yes, I will be staying in London. She had a look around our flat and was so pleased with how we have it. I was pleased she was pleased.  Andy was feeling a bit flat too so we caved in (it never took much) and ordered pizza and zoned out watching Game of Thrones.  Sometimes you just have to let it all go.  

Friday:  You know when there is something not quite right when you are showered and in bed (alone!) by 6.00pm.  I just cannot shrug off this virus.  I feel awful and I am sick and tired of having boring weekends.  I should be at the theatre tomorrow night, but once again, I have had to cancel it. All I have done all day (and night) is cough, cough, cough. In the end, it really gets you down. I am trying not to let it but this has been almost four weeks now.  Still, this time will pass. I just wish it would hurry up!

As always, with my love x


3 comments:

  1. I haven't hears that Morrissey track for years. Morrissey was like a god to me in the 8os.
    It's so annoying being sick like that; you have my empathy. The opera La Boheme has the woman dying of consumption too; the guy finally gets together with his girl only for her to die. Cheery little opera. You're not likely to have consumption though.
    Hope the weekend brings better health and some 'fun' (whatever that means)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. We are kindred spirits: Bowie, Morrissey. I love this song. Yes I am fed up with all now. Today I have steamed my head and it has kind of worked a a bit so will continue with that. I know it's not consumption but it sounds dramatic lol. Much love my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah. This made me giggle. I have he gay kiss of death. I liked the one in Westlife ..... who was gay. George Michael .... gay. Same Smith ..... gay...... I could go on and on, but there is no point. Like the Lady of Shallot I am cursed. I just do not have a mirror to tie my scarf! FYI on steroids now re illness .... not good but hopefully will do the trick. Safe travels my friend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete