Saturday 16 April 2016

I could leave you, say goodbye. Or I could love you, if I try and I could. And left to my own devices, I probably would (Left To My Own Devices - The Pet Shop Boys)

I don't think I have chosen the Pet Shop Boys specifically for their lyrics, but also for their tunes.  You have to smile when you hear them.  Even when it is grey outside and you hear this song, you have to smile.  As always, enjoy!



Monday:  Still not feeling 100% and not feeling the love for the 9.00-5.00, however it's done now.  Went for a walk after work, I needed to check something out.  I wanted to be sure that I was going in the right direction and asked a lovely woman and ended up having a good old natter.  People, stereotypically think 'Southerners' are rude, but I do not see this.  OK, most people in London are in a rush, the city flows and moves continually.  But you get these little pockets of interaction.  I went to Superdrug on the way home and always I was told 'have a great evening'. I like it.

Quiet night, usual stuff.  We watched (as we always do, well I do, Andy has no choice) University Challenge and I got a big fat 6 and Andy 0.  Ironically, the first question I got was about a naked man ........ I am saying nothing. The question was about the Twickenham Streaker - the first time this happened. I remembered this picture.  However, I then felt rather old as Andy was not even a speck in the Universe. We decided that the contestants must be really boring and not the type to be holding up the Student Union Bar.

Tuesday:  Beautiful, warm day in London.  I have been spoilt.  Not that I have seen much of it.  Still not much longer and I will busy myself with a walk down to the Southbank after work.  Out the door at 5.00pm tonight and I wanted to cook.  So I prepared our salads for lunch tomorrow then cooked a rather nice (even if I say so myself) mushroom and pea risotto.  I treat.  Busy tonight getting things ready for tomorrow.  Not able to share with you my friends what this is but maybe later in the week.  

Wednesday:  Difficult day today for so many reasons.  I was having an I miss Meg day.  I cannot tell you how the grief just washes over me. I hate it. I hate the way it makes me feel and the fact that I have no control over it.  I went to bed at 6.30pm.  I am still not feeling well and that does not help.  Tomorrow will be better.

Thursday: Doctor's appointment, the third, booked for Friday at 9.00am.  9-5 was so challenging today (again) well it was more like the 8.30-5.30 but you know what I mean.  Lazy night tonight.  Both Andy and I are just zoning out. We just watched another episode of Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie. I laughed so much that ended up in a coughing fit.  Tomorrow is Friday and this weekend, even if it kills me, I am going to be doing something.  Not sure what as yet, but watch this space.

Friday:  GP's first thing and she was lovely.  I feel like I am getting to meet all the Doctors in the practice!  She has no idea what is wrong and that is quite worrying now.  Stronger antibiotics with horrendous side effects and a trip to the hospital.  Went to work and said I was taking the afternoon off to go to Guy's. It is strange as I feel really reassured when I go to Guy's.  I know it is because of the care and love they gave my Dad and I kind of feel that my Dad is with me there.  X-ray done and I popped in the Chapel to light a candle for my Dad and I had the afternoon free.  Now at any other time this would be great, but today in London to say it was raining would be an understatement.  

I caught the tube from London Bridge up to Bond Street.  I needed a new umbrella as mine had broken so that and a new lipstick later I decided to go and get a coffee.  I went to the Illy cafe near the BBC studios.  It really is lovely there.  I decided to have a flat white and was sitting there reading the Standard. I noticed a guy come in who was not dressed like others in the cafe and he was counting out lots of change on the counter.  My Dad used to say that I had as sign over my head that only 'special' people can see; this guy saw that sign. He asked if he could just sit at the table with me whilst the staff changed up his change for a £20 note. I said sure.  The staff looked and asked I was OK with this and I said sure.

His name was Daniel and he told me he was 34 and come from Essex.  He said he was homeless and comes up west to beg for change. I asked him if he would like a drink and he had a coke.  I said to the staff that I would pay for it. We sat and had such a lovely chat.  I did have to smile.  He told me that his mum was 'an unfit mother' and he had to go and live with his Nan when he was small. He then said that it didn't matter as his Mum was still his Mum.  I could physically feel my heart lurch.  We sat and chatted for about 20 minutes and I asked him if I could take his photo as I blog.  He gave the biggest smile ever and then he was gone.  It was so funny as you could see all the City type blokes in the cafe physically move away, but listening to our conversation. People are so strange.


The rain had not stopped and I walked down Regent Street to Shaftesbury Avenue.  Tonight I had a date, not with Daniel lol.  I was meeting someone that I shall call Olivier. We met at the Picturehouse Cafe.  I always inwardly smile when dating in London.  The venues are always brilliant and like I have said before, it is not like meeting under the clock in Hanley!

The cafe was amazing and I would like to go back again and take some photos. However, I have taken a photo off the internet for this blog.  I had a lovely evening and we were both chatting (well probably me more, but you know what I am like) for five hours!  He is really interesting person with plenty of fascinating stories as well as someone who travels. Time to go and we said our goodbyes at Piccadilly and I went to get my bus.  We both said that we would like to meet up again. So watch this space!

Back home and a quick catch up with Andy and then bed.  I could not sleep as I had so much caffeine but eventually, well around 2.00am, got to sleep.  Apart from this damn cough, all is well.

As always, with my love x

4 comments:

  1. There's always an age advantage with general knowledge quizzes; that's why middle-aged people do better than young people (although older people do less well because they start forgetting everything again). I remember the guy too, and I remember the woman with the big boobs who went on the pitch at twickenham around the same time; her name was Erica Roe.
    Yeah there are some cool dating places in London. I can remember going to the Tate once for a special evening thing and seeing people on dates thinking 'why can't I meet a guy who would go to an art gallery for a date?'. Men I met always seemed to think the local pub was adventurous enough for them and they didn't need to go any further. But it's ok because I got to do this stuff once I was single so it didn't matter.
    Oh I sound so bitter and cynical.
    Hope the new medication works and things start to look up for you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes lol Erica Roe I forgot about her. Oh I would love that a date at the Tate Britain. Then Afternoon Tea in the cafe there. I think for me the ultimate would Afternoon Tea at The Shard. You are not bitter and cynical you just say it how it is. Yes, I hope the drugs do work in this case. Hugs and stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm time this cough bugger off and normal service resumed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Ian, tell me about it! I am rather tired of the whole thing now!

    ReplyDelete