Sunday 3 April 2016

What have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this? Since you went away, I have been hanging around, I have been wondering why I'm feeling down (What Have I done To Deserve This? - The Pet Shop Boys)

How many of you actually sung this? I bet you got half way though the title and started to sing.  You have to love the Pet Shop boys. Mind you, it has been 30 years, yes 30 years since their released their first album.  How old do I feel now? They have had some cracking songs and still continue to bash out a good tune.  So we shall start April with this one.  I always smile when I hear the Pet Shop Boys.  When my daughter was born she never slept. I used to stand, most afternoons, by the window in our lounge, Megan in my arms listening to the Pet Shop Boy's CD Very.  I knew, that if she was not asleep by the end of the third track I would be putting her in her pram and we would be out, then she would sleep. As always, enjoy!



Saturday:  Beautiful Spring morning in London. I had a lazy start as I still do not feel well .... grrrrr! I am so tired of typing that line.  Did my ironing and put the vacuum round, boiled my head. Well put my head over a bowl of hot water! Then got a grip and decided I am going out!

Why didn't someone remind me it was half term! I made my way to Marble Arch as I needed to take some shoes back and do some stuff.  Marble Arch is like being in Doha Airport.  I swear there are more Arabs in Marble Arch than there are at the Airport.  Treated myself to a new blouse and took a pair of shoes back (again). Mooched around, got some Wasabi for my dinner and back home, rather tired, on the bus.  That is the trouble when you are not feeling 100% you just get so tired.

Lazy evening.  Like I said, I should have been at the theatre but there was no point going if all I was going to do was cough and splutter.  So a quiet night in (again), catching up on paperwork and generally kicking back.  However, I am feeling slightly better ................ fingers crossed.

Sunday:  Well as you know I am a 'young', single woman living in London and I thought you would like to see what action my bedroom sees these days! So
brace yourself.  This is how Andy found me this morning. We were talking through the door (as we do) and I said that he could come in as I was decent. Little did I know that he took this photo! Such a wild and exciting life I lead in London.

Beautiful, blue skied, sunny morning as I made way up to Trew Era.  I had to smile as my bus had to take a different route and we ended up going pass the local GU clinic (as you do). This clinic is open on a Sunday morning (as it does) and I could not believe how many people there were, queuing up at 9.30 in the morning, waiting for it to open.  I guess it is a positive thing as at least people are taking their sexual health seriously.  But there are many Churches who would like that number walking through their doors on a Sunday.

I walked along the Regent's canal to the cafe and received a lovely, warm welcome from the staff.  Georgia greeted me with a pot of my tea and I sat and
Hannah, Paul and Emma
waited for the others to arrive. Medication was, as always, wonderful, then I had the wonderful Greek salad as prepared by Michelle and Gary was there to lend a hand serving the food.  I so love this little oasis I have found.  After meditation I decided, as it was such a lovely day, to go to Brick Lane and have a look around. So we said our goodbyes to Paul and I walked down through Shoreditch with Hannah and Emma.  We were chatting away and enjoying the sunshine and I just love Hannah's glasses.  How cool are they.  I did tell her not to leave them lying around.


We said our goodbyes at Liverpool Street and I had a look around Spitalfield's Market then made my way along Brick Lane.  London was so alive today; it was
buzzing.  I know I have said it before, but my Sundays in London are completely different to how they were in Stoke.  I never used to see a soul and now I am out and about and just taking in the vibe.  I passed the old Truman Brewery, which is no longer a brewery but a creative hub and a place that houses a market on a Sunday.  It was full of hipsters, boys with beards, boys with bikes, boys with bobbles. Oh I do like London.  Took myself off for a coffee and did my favourite thing of watching the world go by, then Andy rang me to say he had finished his lunch date (no pudding and no further date but a friend).  So I walked back up to Shoreditch High Street and caught a bus towards home.

On the bus home I noticed this wonderful piece of metal work that was at a local school.  I thought it was pretty amazing.  So this afternoon was food shopping. We had to go.  On my shelf in the fridge there was a jar with a few olives in it and half a bag of fresh spaghetti. Now I can be creative in the kitchen but there is very little I can do with that.  Neither of us felt the love for the supermarket shop, but needs must.  Back home, shopping put away it was coughing and chill out time again.  We took advantage of our new Sky package (and our lovely new TV) to watch a few episodes of Game of Thrones.  I had seen this series but wanted to watch a couple of the last episodes just to bring me back up to scratch with what was going on.  Which was easy really as it consisted of death, death and more death. 

Finished the evening watching MTV 80s Karaoke Night - what a scream!  I learnt that the Proclaimers were twins. OK I knew they were brothers but not twins. But I thought the same of Bros lol so nothing new there.  I can be so dense at times.  Then we had a bit of Salt and Pepper - Push It.  Oh those lovely sunny days in Newquay with the Girlie Glees.  Now I am croaking out Don't Leave Me This Way.  The 80s were so good (in my opinion) even though Andy wasn't born for half of it, I mean really! Looked what he missed. I have told Andy that we need to be going dancing next week.  I don't mind dancing with the gays, they have good music and the last time I went to a gay night club (GAY in Soho) I coped a snog lol.  Only I could pull in a gay night club with a man I hasten to add.  I have told him we need to get incredibly drunk, dance like we don't care (well we don't any way), then stagger home with some chips lol.  How old lol!

As always, with my love x


1 comment:

  1. I remember when the petshop boys first started and he used to wear a scarf in a very stylish way. I used to say 'why can't I meet a man who wears a scarf like that?'(yes I was a very shallow 20-something). Of course I hadn't figured out he was gay at that point and that's why he knew how to wear a scarf.
    Ah hopefully you're fighting off this cold now and you can get on with your life in time for summer
    have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete