Monday 18 April 2016

When I look back upon my life it's always with a sense of shame I've always been the one to blame. For everything I long to do no matter when or where or who has one thing in common too. It's a, it's a, it's a, it's a sin (It's A Sin - The Pet Shop Boys)

What can I say about this one! I guess the first line speaks volumes.  You just can't help but sing along (again).  So I have been in London a year and what a year it has been.  I know I have said it before, but I have not always made the best decisions in my life, but this one was the best.  I have had a blast. OK I still have my bad days and every day I miss my Meg even more, but I have a life and it is good.  So in the words of the Pet Shop Boys: Everything I've ever done, everything I ever do, every place I've ever been, everywhere I'm going to ...... It's a sin ......... Well hopefully! As always, enjoy!







Saturday:  What can I say? I was intending going to the Imperial War Museum today to see an exhibition I have been wanting to see since November and it finishes next week.  But once again, it was a grey and wet day in London. Housework done in the flat and I had to catch up on my blog and balance my bank account.

Decided eventually to stay in today.  The weather was not very good and I was cold; which let's face it makes a change from being hot.  Slept for part of the day, oh I read such an exciting life.  I had a lovely text chat and listened to some music and read my book. So all and all not a bad day.

Sunday:  Beautiful blue skied morning as I made my way to the bus stop.  I walked along the Regent Canal and there were so many people out so early.  As I was early I sat on the wall watching the joggers go round and round (name that song). I would have sworn that I heard someone call my name and look around and there was no one there.  This happened a couple of times and then I saw it was Andre who attends the meet up group. It was so funny, he got me a treat. We had a chat and made our way to the cafe.  The girls, as always, were so pleased to see me (as I have not been for a week) and the place soon filled up.  

Meditation at Trews just sets me up for the day, I love it there.  After mediation I caught up with Hannah and Emma who are running in the London Marathon next week.  Let me tell you a little bit about that. 


Hannah is running for Lepra and you can find her just giving page at: 

www.justgiving.com/Hannah-Kokosch





Emma is running for a charity called Shuktara and you can find her at:

www.justgiving.com/Emma-D-Arcey



Both Emma and Hannah have put in so much hard work for the marathon and both charities do some amazing work and help those in our world who often just get overlooked.  If you are able to sponsor them, no matter how small, please, please look at their just giving pages.  These two sisters are amazing and a true inspiration, so please take a look - thank you.  I had a good old girlie giggle with Emma and Hannah and left the cafe feeling good.

I was going to get the Overground but it was closed so I decided to get the replacement bus service.  I had plenty of time and the bus took me to some parts of London I have not been in years.  I felt like I was on a mystery tour, but I also saw some great buildings that I need to go back and take some photos of.

Shopping done and back to the flat and I was exhausted.  I cannot tell you how tired I was.  I really could have fallen asleep, but I did not.   However, I was snug in bed for 21:00 and really do not remember seeing 22:00 on the clock.  All rock and roll my friends, all rock and roll.


As always, with my love x

1 comment:

  1. Thoses joggers go round and round. Rhymes with slur.

    ReplyDelete