Sunday 4 September 2016

I loved you then as I love you still Though I put you on a pedestal you put me on the pill I don't feel bad about letting you go I just feel sad about letting you know (New England - Kirsty MacColl

I wanted to use the music of a woman for September as it is my birthday month and I did have a few to chose from but Kirsty MacColl was, in my opinion, a unsung hero.  She had so much talent yet like many, died, tragically far to young.  I remember singing these true to life lyrics to my Meg as I took her to school (her favourite is another track that I will blog later on in the month). As always, enjoy.



Bank Holiday Monday: I did not really have any plans today.  Let's face it, the past two days have been very full on.  So a lazy morning, in my room, blogging, watching the reruns of Wire in the Blood.  I did like these when they first come out and it is so good to watching them again. You can't beat a good psychological drama can you.  Finally, decided to move and make my bed, shower etc at 13:00.  Well that is what Bank Holidays are for aren't they? Makes up for all those years of decorating or gardening.

So a quiet day and I watched the The Talented Mr Ripley.  How good is that
film? I obviously missed it in past life as I was busy being that awful parent that I was, you know the one, always out having her own life. Anyway, what a great film that was, I really liked it.  We then started to watch Bad Education on Netflix. So, so, so funny.  So all and all a good bank holiday.

Tuesday:  Working from home this morning as I finished uber late on Friday. It was such a beautiful day that I packed my bag with a blanket, book and bottle of water and headed to the South Bank.  On the way out the postman had been and I had a surprise parcel from my dear friend Jackie in New Zealand. There was a lovely card and a gift of a buxom woman (we saw them when we were in Leek when she come up to visit me). I have named her Jackie, of course and she has pride of place in my room.  It was such a lovely surprise. It was a big mistake going to the South Bank as the
rest of the world were there. I ended up on a bench by the National Theatre.  I had a date lined up (as you do when you are single and a modern girl).  Very sweet guy and I shall call him Steven Spielberg!  You can fill in the gaps.  We went for a drink at the NT but he had to rush off as he has a busy week and flies to Greece for three weeks next week for work ......... sigh!  Oh well, I am going to Bristol soon!  

I remained by the river, reading my book and enjoying the glorious sunshine then ending up in Waitrose for some bits for dinner and caught the bus home as I really could not be bothered to walk because of too many people.  It has been a really good day.

Wednesday:  Busy day at work, well home. Three Skype meetings, go me! Actually, I quite like them to be honest as it means I can yawn in a meeting without anyone noticing me!  Bit of headache by the end of the evening and also I am chewing over a sensitive dilemma that is making me feel anxious but I will figure it out.  Quiet night in sorting out bills and other money stuff then kicking back trying to finish my book and watching the Great British Bake Off. Rock and roll my friends; rock and roll.

Thursday:  Good day today, working from home but I did nip out to our new local Pret for a well earned caffeine fix.  Should have had a date today but as usual nothing materialised.  I do not get excited about it any more.  I did say that Channel 5 should commission a show where they take eight people who have been in a long term relationship and then shove them into the shark infested waters of what is now dating!  I tell you no one would survive it is vile out there.  So consoled myself with a ready meal from Waitrose and The Great British Menu.  All is well. 

Friday:  Again. The week has flown by and today my new boss leaves.  I am rather sad about it to be honest, she was going before I arrived, so it was not a shock, but I really like her and feel that we could work together so well.  So in the best tradition of the place I am now working, we were in the pub at 3.30.  I had such a wonderful evening.  I work with some fantastic people and this is why I come to London; to have a life.  Where I worked before no one saw the real me, yet tonight God help them they saw me. It was so funny, well I did have six large glasses of dry white wine and the conversation ranged from dating nightmares to Calvin Harris cage fighting with Barry Manilow in Las Vegas. You know it is going to end badly.  No one believed my age and I mean seriously did not believe my age with one guy thinking I was late 30's early 40's I wish lol.  It was such a brilliant evening and I finally got home around midnight. I took make up off, climbed in bed and sat eating chips whilst watching Corrie!  Is it any wonder I am still single. Student life my friends, student life. FYI it is a good job I am not in the office on Monday let it all die down a bit, but roll on the Christmas Party!


As always, with love x




5 comments:

  1. I always used to feel guilty about 'wasting' a day doing nothing useful, but these days I 'waste' a lot of days. Sometimes you just need to sit in and binge on netflix.
    Sounds like a good week to me. NT was where I had my £9 mojito. The crowds will all disappear soon enough; probably this week when the schools go back.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yes it was a good week and the weather certainly helps. London is starting to feel different this week to be honest. I need to know where you are going to be Christmas as I have been given an extra day's holiday, just the time of year when I do not need to be on my own! You never know, if it is affordable you may get a Christmas surprise. ........ me! Hugs and stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know where I'm going after I get kicked out of here on tuesday, so no idea about xmas, but will keep you posted. But more than welcome. When I've figured it out myself.

      Delete
    2. Hello Sarah I thought that would be the response :) Please keep me posted and if I can get a good flight and you are somewhere where I have never been, I will pop over and join you for a few days xx

      Delete
  3. Not a bad Kirsty MacColl song.

    ReplyDelete