Sunday 11 September 2016

Some boys with warm beds and cold, cold hearts Can make you feel nothing at all They'll never remember and they'll never mind If you're counting the cracks in the wall They're quick and they're greedy They never feel guilty They don't know the meaning of hurt The boots just go back on The socks that had stayed on The next time they see you They treat you like dirt (Don't Come The Cowboy With Me Sonny Jim - Kirsty MacColl)

I think me and Kirsty could have been friends you know.  She sang about things that us single girls know all about; albeit with a glint in her eye.  Whilst I am not one for country music, this tune does make me smile.  But I guess it is because of the words.  As always, enjoy!


Saturday:  I woke up this morning not feeling the love.  Not one little bit. To say I was rather apathetic would be an understatement.  I hate this when it happens. I know why and I am working on it but it is the time of the year again.  I guess I am proof that even with a shattered heart you can keep going, but at a price.

This morning I was having my hair done.  This normally cheers me up; didn't really today.  Also, right on time, it was raining.  It always rains when I have my hair done.  However, Lynn made a good job of it and colour has been restored.  However, I am worried about how much hair I seems to be falling out.  More joy.  Andy and I were out this evening. It was my birthday present for him.  We met his friends up my stomping ground; Hoxton and had a drink and then made our way to the secret place.  I cannot tell you where it was but needless to say this was not going to be a 'normal' night out.  Andy has done a couple of these events before and has spoken about them as great fun.  We entered the premises 'The Chambers of Flavour'.  I had an amazing experience where each course of my meal was set around an immersive theatrical scene. You are not allowed to tell people about it.  Tickets have been sold out until December.  But all I will say is I went down a slide, ended up in a ball pit and had trouble getting out of it.  I crawled through tunnels and sat on bean bags with a teddy.  No I had not been drinking.  Well I had a couple but this was the whole dining experience.  It was brilliant and the food was really good. I loved it, I really did and would certainly do another one.  Needless to say you were not allowed to take photos of the experience but they were happy for you to take photos as we waited to go in.  I have also included the link to their webpage.  If you ever get the chance to experience this, do so.  You will have an amazing time.

http://www.chambersofflavour.co.uk/

Sunday:  Still not feeling the love ....... sigh!  It is exhausting. I have to work so hard to hold it all together.  The Universe decided to test me today, just to add to the fun and games.  Firstly, no bus to Trews, London Bridge was closed. I caught the tube up to Old Street and found a brilliant new coffee shop.  I wished I had more time to check it out as it was full of little curios.  I will definitely go back and the coffee was so good too!  Medication was very good; quite an emotional one for me, but I know why.  I did not stay around. Like I said, it is so exhausting putting on a face all the time.  So I said my excuses and left not having a clue where I was going.  Such a beautiful day in London and I cannot help thinking it will be the last weekend of Summer in London.  I walked along the canal and up to Victoria Park.  This is one of my favourite parks in London.  It has something for everyone.  I found a bench, in the sunshine and started to read my book.  I had a walk around, fortunately, the skate park was quiet, well it was busy but some of you will know what I mean by that statement.  Sat somewhere else and read and then thought I better start to make tracks back.  

A really difficult journey home as half of London was closed because of a bike race!  I had to wait ages for a bus, yes I know being tested. So back home and feet up.  I had half an hour on my bed just reflecting and will just watch a film on TV tonight.  It is times like this that I am so thankful I have Andy. He knows why I am feeling like this; I don't have to explain to him. He, like me, knows it will pass. I am reminding myself to be thankful for the moment and all the positive things I have and will meditate quite a bit this week me thinks.  This time will pass but all will be well. 

As always, with my love X 


2 comments:

  1. You know you put medication when (i'm guessing) you meant meditation. Yes I know; it's the proofreader in me.
    Sorry you're feeling so down. I have been having a bit of a down time too and I know what you mean about it being hard work keeping the face on.
    Really sounds like you're having a good time though. Secret theatre sounds ace. I do miss that kind of thing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah God knows what I meant! It has been (and still is) a busy couple of weeks. xx

    ReplyDelete