Wednesday 7 September 2016

You tell me all you've done and seen And all the places you have been without me Well, I don't really want to know But I'll stay quiet and then I'll go And you won't have no cause to think about me There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis Just like you swore to me that you'd be true There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis But he's a liar and I'm not sure about you (There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis - Kirsty MacColl)

Oh this used to be my Meg's favourite track.  I can see us now, the CD in the car, blaring out, us singing as I drove her to Junior School.  Such fond, happy, priceless memories.  I wonder if she thinks of me when she hears this?  As always, enjoy!



Saturday:  Terrible nights sleep.  It seems that every time I drink a vineyard I end up getting cramp in my feet and legs.  I don't know, I have Googled it and it is more common with red wine (of course it is); I drink white wine.  So a big sluggish today (not a hangover).  Eventually got moving and walked up to Bermondsey and grabbed a coffee at one of my favourite places and sat and red my book and watched the work go by.  I then walked over Tower Bridge and made my way to Waitrose at St Catherine's Dock.  I wanted to buy some flour to make  more bread.  Who would have thought that my local large Waitrose was within walking distance and on such a tourist route.  Needless to say, they (the tourists) were out again in force and I swear if I get smacked in the face by a rucksack on more time this summer I will not be held responsible for my actions.

Ended up catching the bus back as the flour was rather heavy.  Lazy rest of the day, but I did only have about two hours sleep all night.  It is ok having a quiet weekend now on then as last week was full on and the next few are going to be busy too.

Sunday:  Decided earlier on that I really should go out today, so I did.  I walked up to our local little hipster pop up thingy which is where my library is based.  With new book in hand I then went downstairs for yet more coffee and I sat there watching the world go by feeling quite peaceful.  Went and done a little bit of necessary shopping then back home to the flat to catch up on blogging, paperwork and stuff. All good.

At the library today I also picked up two DVDs so we watched them.  The first was Steve Jobs about the Apple guy.  It was OK, I knew it was going to be a lot of dialogue but I didn't feel the love for it if I am honest.  Shame, as I wanted to go and see it at the cinema.

It was only £2.50 for two DVDs for a week; great value.  You have to love the library.  The second film was Bad Education the movie, which we thought may be a bit crap. It was so funny.  Talk about seeing your life acted out on the big screen.  The first scene was them at Ann Frank's house in Amsterdam with Jack Whitehall stoned out of his mind.  This would have been us if I had not insisted on us going back to our room that afternoon.  I laughed and laughed. The film was (in my opinion) really funny. Also, let's face it, Jack Whitehall is very easy on the eye.  Well just checked his age and he is 28 so younger than me so that is OK then!

So another weekend comes to an end.  I keep saying it, but I really do not know where the year is going. I actually saw Christmas cards in the shop near me the other day.  I mean, really?


As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. well the japans tourists enjoy the whole xmas thing, so that is the excuse when they do it earlier and earlier each year.
    Dehydration causes cramps, so maybe that's something to think about. (and alcohol causes dehydration of course). I used to get a lot of cramps at night until somebody told me that. But no my body doesn't handle alcohol the way it used to, which is why I don't drink so much these days; I haven't got whole days to waste hungover.
    Hope all is good. I take the fact that you don't update the weekend until wednesday to mean that you are having a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah nope I am never dehydrated I drink so much water. I think it is something in the wine and my medication but it was horrendous! No hangover thank goodness though. Yes life is pretty good at the moment x

    ReplyDelete