Monday 28 March 2016

Hide on the promenade, etch a postcard. How I dearly wish I was not here. This is the coastal town, that they forgot to close down (Everyday Is Like Sunday - Morrissey)

I guess I had to chose this one for a wet Bank Holiday weekend in England. Once again Morrissey sums it up a treat. I bet you will be singing along before we get to the end.  As always, enjoy!

Friday:  Once again I was awake at 5.00am.  I did manage to get off to sleep again around 6.15am then woke at 9.45am to a beautiful spring morning in London.  Lazy start to the day, then off out to walk to the nearest big supermarket which is about a 20-25 minute walk.  Had a mooch around there and treated myself to a new jacket and top and some nice food for dinner and back home on the bus with three bags of shopping.  Fortunately, as it was a Bank Holiday the bus was quiet and I managed to get a seat.


I spent the afternoon in my room as I was not feeling well again. I cannot get rid of this rotten cough I have. It has been hanging around for ages now and is really getting me down.  A strange thing happened today.  Well not strange
Bangkok 2014
really as it is me for goodness sakes.  I noticed that my friend Daniel, who I met two years ago in Bangkok, then last year in Siem Reap was posting from Brighton, where I was planning on going either today or tomorrow (weather permitting).  You could not make it up.  Of all the places in the world, but any of you who know me know that this is normal in my life.  So tomorrow I am going to Brighton, which, let's face it is not going to help the 'I do not need any more guy men in my life' campaign as Brighton is the UK's gay seaside capital. Hopefully, Daniel will still be in town as that would be totally amazing. But he is a free spirit. I guess once again the
Siem Reap 2015
Universe will decide. But it has amazed me that out of the blue there he is in Brighton of all places. No other seaside town on the south coast but the one place that I have been aiming to get to since I have moved back South.


There are stranger things happening my friends than those we just chose to see.
Saturday:  Guess what? I was awake early again.  I was at London Bridge on the 9.10am to Brighton.  The journey only took one hour and there I was, in Brighton.  Today I was meeting Daniel.  I was so excited as I turned to corner to the road where we were meeting.  I walked in the Nero's and there he was. We hugged; I cried.  We just hugged and hugged.  He introduced me to his
Brighton 2016
travelling companion Amy.  We spent hours just chatting and I really do not expect any of you go get the next bit, but I could just feel the energy around us three. I was so meant to meet this person, I truly, truly believe this.  Amy wants to stay in Europe; Daniel wants to, and belongs, in Asia. It was time for us to go our separate ways again.  Each time we part I always say to him 'until next time my friend'.  


I left, emotionally exhausted, confused, feeling loved, understood and alone. I made my way down the Lanes to the sea front and said hello to my dear friend the sea.  It was so windy today and the sea was angry and I loved it. I got some chips and sat in shelter on the sea front (very much like the one in Morrissey's video at the start of this blog) eating my lunch and watching the children pass me by. I started to think of my Meg and that compounded to the confusion and emotion.  I walked along the beach, feeling the wind and salt in
my face and onto the pier.  It was so windy. I stayed in Brighton and eventually got home around 18:00.  I really liked Brighton and will be going there again.  I think it was challenging because I was so pleased to see Daniel and it is like finding a kindred spirit when I am with him.  I do not have to explain, he gets it. Then I was confronted with my previous life being played out by anonymous families. I will figure it out.  All I do know is I will see Daniel again.  I am just not sure what continent it will be next time. Safe travels my friend, safe travels.

Sunday:  So this morning I am blogging 'live' from the Trew Era Cafe.  I have decided that I have some paperwork to do and there is no better place for positive energy and peace than here.  So I have dragged my laptop up on the bus and will be working out form here for the afternoon.  Hopefully, with the love and positive energy that surrounds this place, I will be in a good position to complete my necessary, yet annoying, paperwork.  
Lunch at Trew Era


Home, missing the hailstones, tempest and storm and had a lovely Skype chat with my friend Sarah who is now in Santiago in Chile.  How cool is that.  It was amazing.  It was as if she was in the next room, well apart from the dodgey forest wallpaper.  We had a good old natter and it was so great to speak with her and hear about her travels.  We said that we will definitely hook up again in the next few weeks.  I left her going to get some lunch, well an ice cream, whilst I hang around the flat.  

Finally, this evening, I took some Covonia cough mixture. I should not take it because of the other medication I am on, but to be honest, I am totally exhausted by the whole thing now and could have quite easily taken the diazepam so a few swigs out of the Covonia bottle was tame.  I said to Andy how awful that would be to actually die and be found overdosing on Covonia.

Monday:  I did not die.  In fact, under the circumstances I had a good nights sleep.  The Covonia is obviously loosening the rubbish on my chest so I will carry on self-medicating with stuff I should not really be taking.  Vacuumed the flat and tidied up (as you do) and we both awaited for the arrival of the new TV. Our TV, which is Andy's TV is seeing better days and it is just a matter of time before it dies.  I saw a Bank Holiday offer at Curry's and the top and bottom of it is we have purchased a new TV.  Seriously, we are like an old married couple. We now have joint assets. We own a TV, a DVD player, a box set of the West Wing and Sex and the City, six portions of salmon and a bag of rice macaroni. It's a match made in heaven, a solicitor's dream.  Andy said if we 'divorce' he will eat the salmon and rice macaroni out of sheer spite.  What he does not know is, I will replace the box sets with episodes of Storage Wars UK Series One.

So that was Easter.  Completely different to last year.  Last Easter (which fell a week later) I moved to London.


As always, with my love x




2 comments:

  1. Well I do like the forest wallpaper. Everywhere I go has beige/ecru coloured walls, so as not to offend anyone I suppose, and it's nice to see something different. You didn't see but there's a picture of a naked bum on the other side, and I still haven't decided whether it's a boy or a girl bum.

    I've said this before but it's a problem with being on your own on holidays or sundays, where you see everyone else playing happy families and your mind starts whirling. Not sure what the answer is, but holidays can be a bit like that. You look very contented anyway, with your friend.

    You want to be careful with the medicines too. I once knew a girl who ODd on Feminax. Paracetamol is the killer, and it hides out in cold remedies and in all kinds of medicines and you don't realise how much you have taken when it's all mixed together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. You enjoy your forest sweets lol. You never showed me the naked bum mind. I will take a look next time. I am still alive. No dead yet from Covonia overdose, in fact, it is doing the trick. I smiled at Feminax, do they still make that? You are right, paracetamol is the silent killer. Next bank holiday I will pop over to you for that pistachio ice cream. What do you think? Safe travels my friend xx

    ReplyDelete