Sunday 13 March 2016

If you are wondering why all the love that you long for eludes you and people are rude and cruel to you, I'll tell you why ........ you just haven't earned it yet baby you must suffer and cry for a longer time (You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby - The Smiths)

Well another classic Smith's song.  However, I was reminded something whilst going through their back catalogue that Kirsty MacColl sang a version of this, but more about her another month.  Once again, a song with lyrics about real life and I guess that is why I have always liked The Smiths and Morrissey.  I guess I will have to remind myself of this line every now and then. So here we are again, enjoy!



Saturday:  It's amazing what you can turn your hand to if and when you have to.  I woke this morning to find the boiler flashing at me.  Actually, let's just rewind that for a bit.  I woke at 6.00am again! Even though I put a blanket up at the window to keep the light out ..... sigh.  Back to the boiler.  The pressure was low in it, so I get the manual out and wait for Andy to wake up. Between us, we actually did it; with the help of You Tube, a torch, packing tape (to seal down the crap lino that was caught under the washer) and an enormous sense of achievement.  We now have, once again, hot water. I have been busy this morning go through some papers that I have been putting off for ages.  I have a box that I keep 'official things' in.  I have my old school reports and photos of my childhood, not many, just a few and other personal things.  I did not get too upset but it is so odd when I look back now.  That all done and I now have room on the top of my desk in my room again.  Quick whizz around the flat with the vacuum cleaner and duster and it was time to start looking at other paperwork.

Tonight I went once again to yet another of my new found love since coming to London; the Opera. I was at the Royal Opera House Covent Garden to see a performance of La Traviata. Yes, this is the girl who can book Pete Tong tickets one day and then go to the opera the next.  Who says I am a complexed contradiction.  Before I went to the Opera House I went to find a woman collecting for Marie Curie. I heard her on Simon Mayo's Drive Time show on BBC Radio 2 on Friday.  She said she was going to be fund raising.  She was lovely.  We stood and had a chat and she said so many people had been over to say hello to her.  The power of the media.

 Back to a night at the Opera. So I wore Chanel ................ perfume and my not so little black dress by ................ Asos.  This is the third occasion I have been to the Royal Opera House and every time I feel like a Princess.  La Traviata was everything you would expect it to be: passionate, warming and tragic.  The opera was in three acts, which means three breaks.  I told myself next time I go, I shall have champagne, now that I have a taste for the 'good' stuff.  It really was a beautiful evening. I do believe Opera is one of my new loves since 
arriving in London.






Sunday:  My Sundays are so magical and today was no exception.  I just missed the bus up to Hoxton.  Don't you just hate that, when you turn the corner and see the bus pulling way from the stop.  I decided to walk to the next stop.  Off the bus and along the canal with the joggers, dog walkers, cyclists and strollers.  I received a lovely warm welcome from Rose at Trew Era Cafe and Andre.  Soon Paul, Hannah and Emma arrived and a guy I had seen before called (I think) Abdul who was over from Paris for the weekend.  He was telling us that he will call in every 3-4 weeks.  I explained to him that we really would not mind going over to see him to meditate ..... you have to try.

I really cannot express how much I enjoy my Sunday mornings.  The atmosphere and energy is wonderful. I really wish I could start every day this way.  Such lovely, warm people.  By now the foggy start to the day had cleared and it was a lovely blue sky morning.  I left the cafe and made my way to Somerset House.  I had intended seeing an exhibition but when I got there I realised I had to pay to get in.  Now, here lies the problem.  Due to the fact I got my Pete Tong tickets; coupled with my friend's daughter coming to stay last weekend means that I am rather skint.  In fact I have £35 plus the £20 in my purse to last me to pay day.  Yep, living life as a student.  Needless to say, unfortunately I did not get to see the exhibition.  But it was fine.  I sat on the terrace of Somerset House reading my book and soaking up the early Spring sunshine.  I still find it hard at times to believe that I am living here.  On the way home there was a woman and her two small children on the bus.  We started chatting and the children were so adorable.  Oh what I would give to have those days back.  I told her to enjoy every minute of them as they grow up too quick.

So another wonderful weekend.  There is just so much to see and do in London. I know I have said it before, but it gives me opportunities I never thought I would have.  I feel truly blessed.

As always, with my love x 



2 comments:

  1. Yeah it always helps if the weather is a bit better too, doesn't it? Sounds a good weekend. Like the opera and yes I do remember the ginger ice creams. I used to enjoy those opera up close evenings, where they stage modern versions in these somewhat eclectic mix of buildings dotted around London; you should look out for that if you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Yes, the ginger ice cream is the best and the Opera is just so lovely. I will keep my eyes peeled for the up close evenings, they sound fun. Yes it was a good weekend, even though I have caught a chill and fill yuk! So much for sunshine lol. Take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete