Friday 11 March 2016

There's a club if you'd like to go you could meet somebody who really loves you so you go, and you stand on your own and you leave on your own and you go home, and you cry and you want to die (How Soon Is Now - The Smiths)

Spring is definitely on her way. The light coming through my bedroom curtain woke me up this morning at 6.00am and that is always an indicator to me that the days are certainly getting longer.  So this week's song.  Oh, oh, oh, how I love this.  In fact, I do believe it would be up there in my top ten singles of all time.  It is the guitar that makes it for me.  Good old Johnny Marr (again).  I bet all of you have heard this song at one point in your life.  It is used a great deal for background music in trailers and was also used as the theme tune to Charmed (a US TV series).  I guess the best way to sum the meaning of this song up is that it is about someone who is incredibly shy who cannot find a partner and that they just need to be loved; 'I am human and a I need to be loved, just like everybody else does.' As always, enjoy.




Monday:  Sigh! Back home and Andy had cooked us a lovely dinner of freshly filled spring rolls, quinoa and a Thai flavoured salmon. Yum! I met PPLP (my French friend) at Waterloo tonight for a drink. He is out in the sticks now but we said that we would still keep in touch.  We had a lovely evening.  Laughing and joking and losing things in translation.  However, his English has really come along so well and he is more confident with speaking it now.  I am going to go over to his new flat in a couple of weeks so he can make me a cup of tea!

Tuesday: International Women's Day today so I shall wear my purple, green and white scarf I wore on my graduation day that represents the colours of the Women's Social and Political Union.  Spent time today at work watching the planes come into Heathrow. You can count them every 30 seconds. I have decided that I will leave my desk and do this at least twice a day.

Tonight I was back at Aqua Fit. I have not been for a few weeks because of illness and other events.  I need not have worried, it has been closed anyway. I have decided that Aqua Fit is a cross between Free Willy and that water hog in the Lion King.  That aside, there is a nice little group going on now and I had a chat with a couple of the other girls and I do enjoy it.  However, trust me when I say it really is not a pretty sight!

Back home, favourite food: avocado on toast with mushrooms and tomato and caught up with Andy and his events.  Then I went to bed because I was tired.  It turns out, when I woke again turned midnight, that I had fallen asleep sitting up in bed with all my pillows around me, book fallen on the bed and TV playing to itself.  See, I said I was tired.

Wednesday:  Grey, stormy day in London. Just a quiet day really but to be honest I enjoy them every now and then.  Lazy evening - all good.

Thursday:  Drinky poos tonight after the 9-5.  Tonight we were at the Lord Nelson in Southwark and what a quirky little pub this turned out to be.  I have passed this pub on numerous occasions and have always thought it looked busy; I can now see why.  They serve 7 different vegetarian burgers there and 14 different meat burgers ......... I shall be going back for dinner one evening. The Meet Up was, as always, lovely.  Good company and plenty of laughs as well as meeting people from all over the world. Tonight I met an American, two Italians and my friend from Finland.  We had some interesting conversations and I really must have an Italian man in my life, they are so funny.  I thought at one point we were about to act out the scene from Shirley Valentine and he loves my stretch marks scene.  All good fun.

Tomorrow morning I have a task at 9.30 sharp.  Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.  If not, I will have to revert to Plan B.  More later.

Friday:  Very exciting day today.  I managed to secure tickets for me and my two new London friends Hannah and Emma to go on 1 December 2016 to see Pete Tong at the 02.  Last year I saw Pete Tong at the Proms doing the Ibiza Classics to an full orchestra.  I was so annoyed that I was living in London and had missed this.  However, I had my own little rave, my room, watching it on the TV.  I found out this week that he was repeating the event at the O2 in December.  I asked Emma a Hannah (who I know from the Trews Cafe on a Sunday) if they were interested and of course they were!  So this morning, I sat at a PC for 30 minutes, patiently waiting my time to get some tickets.  They were not the tickets I wanted but hey I have three tickets and we are going. Going clubbing in Ibiza is on the bucket list and I think this will certainly tick the box.

Let me tell you about Pete Tong.  Me and him (he does not know it) go back a long way. He is my age and was born a few miles up the road from me and went to school a few miles down the road from me, in the opposite direction. He used to DJ at the disco I went in my home town, then later at various pubs in the area.  Later on, he did a regular set at a place in the sticks so the only way we could get there was when one by one, we passed our driving test and could borrow our parent's car.  Happy days.  I guess this is my claim to fame.  I cannot tell you how excited I am about going to this party.  Now, two friends from Stoke are coming down to the event too, so it is going to be a blast.  I shall wear flowers in my hair (even though it is December) and for me, I shall be clubbing in Ibiza.  Remember, you are never, ever too old to do anything you want.




As always, with my love x






2 comments:

  1. It's hard to get excited about something happening in December, although you seem to have managed it I'm sure it will come round soon enough though, as things have a habit of doing these days. There's a lot of stuff going on sale this time of year, tickets for summer festivals and such. I'm still on all these damn mailing lists, which is why I know this stuff.
    I had no idea Pete Tong was from kent. Well I never really thought about it, but still.
    I do miss all that, London life and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Yes it is crazy that you have to buy tickets so far in advance and I will try not to wish this year away. Let's face it, at my age I need them to slow down a bit. Yes London is coming alive again and I thought of you last night as I was at the Royal Opera House to see La Traviata and had ginger ice cream in the interval. Delicious. Hugs and love xx

    ReplyDelete