Sunday 6 March 2016

Take me out tonight, where there's people and there's music and they're young and alive! (There's A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths)

I wanted to find a song by The Smiths that expressed love and light.  Even though there is another line in this song that I was going to use, which let's face it is morbid but does amuse me, I thought the first few lines were quite appropriate.  Young people keep us alive.  They have a naivety and passion for life.  They see something that perhaps us older people see as the 'norm' as something totally alien to them. We see the same situation with a completely different view point. That keeps you alive, their energy in turn, energises you ............ if you let it!  As always enjoy!




Saturday:  It feels odd, a good odd, having a teenage girl in my life again.  It has been some time. You forget little things (and this is certainly no criticism, just observations) such as why do they spend so long in the shower and how they have one speed ..... slow! But it is all so good and I am enjoying the company.

Eventually, both of us washed, dressed and ready to roll.  A few chores needed to be done locally and then it was on a bus.  We walked through Leicester Square and China Town.  I found a Chinese bakery and got all excited as I found something to this day I have no idea what it is, that I used to buy from the street vendors for breakfast when I was in Hong Kong. Delicious. We walked up Regent Street and went into the Apple shop. This was the first time my friend had been in one and she was so excited.  I needed some new hand cream in Molton Brown and the people thought we were mother and daughter and took our photo for Mothering Sunday. My friend will just love this photo of us both.
Then into Oxford Street. I forgot how much teenage girls like make up!  Trust me when I say I saw make up today that I did not know existed. I am normally a Clinque and Boots No.7 girl. I must admit I did hear myself think at one point do people really put that colour eye shadow on their eyes!

We then went into Boots as I needed some new make-up which must have seen pretty dull to my friend.  We were served by a lovely woman called Zara.  I sat there like a model lol as she checked my make up then put it all back on again for me.  I treated myself to another red lipstick and then she gave me some eyebrows back! I have not had thickish eyebrows for years.  This is yet another downside of being old, well 29.  I was amazed at my eyebrows and just hope that I can put them back on tomorrow lol. Zara told me to book myself in for a make over and I promised her the next time I was going out somewhere I would do so.  She was such a lovely woman.  By now we had a few bags and went for a coffee. Then walked back along Oxford Street, into Selfridge's to give her that experience.  By now our legs were aching so got the bus home.

I ordered pizza and a we sat on my bed watching Taken (as I have never seen it). I do not do violent films, but it was ok I kind of enjoyed it and let's face it, anything with Liam Neeson in is a bonus. We then watched Love Actually (yes I know, again) as my friend had not seen it. So there we were, sitting on my bed, stuffing our face with a huge pizza laughing (and me crying as I do) to Love Actually.  A perfect day.



Sunday:  Today is Mothering Sunday.  How do I feel? I remember Meg's first Mothering Sunday. I received daffodils.  I have some daffodils in my room today.  I guess I am dammed either way.  If I remember and sit and think it hurts; if I don't remember and look at it as another Sunday, it hurts.  This time will pass.




Why is it when you do not have to wake up early, you do?  Lazy morning around the flat. Put my eyebrows on lol and are so pleased with them. It is great having another girlie around the flat.  Andy would be going insane if he were here as there is make up spewed all over the coffee table and I am now awaiting to have false eye lashes administered lol! I then had my false eyelashes applied and my eye liner lol and looked very ....... glamorous.

We caught the tube up to Angel.  I do like it there.  We had a look at all the little shops and then went into Paul A Young chocolates. Some of you may recall I first went here at Christmas and treated myself to a box of the most delicious chocolates.  Today I wanted to buy some for my friend back in Stoke.  I chose four, hand made chocolates and they boxed them up so beautifully for me.  My friend's daughter chose one for herself and the guy behind the counter would not allow me to pay for that one. That was so kind and she really enjoyed it.  I paid the bill and then the guy gave me a small Easter egg as well.  Such kindness. I told him I would make a drink and treat myself when I got home.

We caught the bus up to Euston and it was soon time to say our goodbyes. I have to admit that I felt quite a panic looking at the departure board and seeing Stoke on Trent.  I really do not like the feeling it gave me.  Back home and Andy was back and we caught up on our news and events of the weekend. 

So it has been a lovely weekend.  It was lovely having a teenage girl back in my life, doing all those girlie things like make up and perfume and giggling.  The flat kind of feels empty now!

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Ahr sounds fun. I used to love playing with makeup. When I worked at care homes I always used to treat myself to new makeup on a Saturday. I think because I earned so little and it was a cheap treat after a hard week. Now I can't remember the last time I bought anything like that.
    Hope you have a good week :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Yes it was a good weekend, we had a laugh. I have made a note to myself: buy more make-up; life is to short! So go treat yourself too. As always, with my love xx

    ReplyDelete