Monday 20 June 2016

Tow the line and play their game, let the anaesthetic cover it all. Till one day they call your name, you know it's time for the hammer to fall (Hammer to Fall - Queen)


A classic Queen track that most of you will know.  Ironically, by Sunday both Andy and I had hammers in our head!  However, I do not think this what dear old Freddie had in mind.  Oh and as you watch the video you will see that Roger Taylor is wearing a Choose Life T shirt.  I want one! As always, enjoy.






So Lynn come back and curled my hair up.  All I have to do is remove the pins and give it a shake.  I went into Andy's room (I always do this with caution) to show him and he said I looked like something out of Beauty School Drop Out
from Grease. I am Frenchie.  He is quite right.  I told him that he can take the pins out anyway because he's gay so he should be hairdresser - touche. I have told him that he must have one gay friend who is a hairdresser for goodness sake.  What is the point of living with a gay man if he doesn't any friends who are hairdressers.  God help me, he is no hairdresser.  Obviously, if I still lived in Stoke I would be in my car driving up to Liverpool to have my make up done in John Lewis.  I remember on a visit to Liverpool I saw a couple of women, rollers in, having their make up done.  I will not be leaving the house.  Andy is to go over to Tesco in a bit to get the
carbs we will need for tomorrow when we are feeling sorry for ourselves. So a lazy day, washing on, tumble dryer on, bed stripped, blog posted, bills paid, no job applications to complete (yay!).  I have my weekends and life back.  

So a lazy day with no surprises unless you think people coming back into your life (yes yet again) is a surprise. But all good.  So make up on, rollers out, frock on then I got ready! No Andy looks lovely in a shirt and trousers and I have a new dress and tonight we are highly overdressed for the 188 bus to Greenwich to a wedding.  Well I am the plus one but hey ho it is a free bar!


So we scrubbed up well I think and then decided to do some Hello Magazine photo shoots whilst we were drinking a cocktail.  Left the flat to get the bus and had to wait ages.  This normally never happens and the journey to Greenwich took ages.  The venue for the wedding was in the Old Royal Navel College, such a beautiful setting.  We soon met up with Andy's work college and his partner.  I was chatting to her and
telling her about my new job and it turns out that one of the interviews I had lined up for next week is in fact her job!  She is going to train to be a teacher.  The other three were totally amazed; I wasn't because as many of you know this happens around me all the time.  It also turns out that if I had gone for this job and got it, my manager's partner recently left the charity I have just resigned from!  How crazy.  We had a lovely evening, drinking and dancing and chatting and laughing.  I know already one of Andy's work colleagues and met another and we had such a good evening.  When the events started to come to an end Andy decided that we were all going off somewhere else.  In hindsight this was not a good idea.

We walked along Greenwich High Street and Andy decided that we were going into a pub.  It was the same pub I went with on my date with the vegan.
 Thanks Andy.  Next thing I know he has gone off to the bar and comes back with eight, yes eight, bottles of Corona ...... I don't even like it.  We did some dancing and I sat and chatted to Andy's friend and partner, with me asking him if he had any relatives I could date.  He has an Uncle Joe lol.  So funny.  Then we realised we had lost Andy.  It turns out he was in the toilets, well so I was told.  I go to the men's loo and his work colleague said he would go and look, but me being me, is in there looking .... no Andy.  I found him coming out of the ladies toilet.  He looked terrible.

We all left the pub and Andy could hardly walk.  We were suppose to be getting the bus.  So the last time I was at this bus stop I had a snog with the vegan. But nothing like that today.  Andy was lying on the ground hugging the bus stop telling me to leave him there.  I am telling him to get up.  Trying to pull him up whilst he is saying just leave me just leave me.  I flagged down a taxi and the taxi driver really did not want to take us, well him.  I think he felt sorry for me in the end and said ok but that Andy must not be sick.  It was apparent that he had been sick and goodness knows how I got my head around that because I do not do sick!

Steve, our taxi driver made Andy put his head out of the window.  He looked like a little puppy dog taking in the air.  I have my hand on pack and pushing out of the window.  Andy's gums are still going.  So I told him to shut up.
Steve the taxi driver told him to shut up.  It was so funny.  Well it wasn't but you know what I mean.  We get home and Andy just falls out of the taxi and walks off and I settled the bill.  £23 lighter and just wanting to get home I have to confess I do not remember walking up the 48 stairs to our flat.  Andy went into the bathroom and subsequently exploded.  I made tea and toast. He went to his room and I cleaned up the bathroom.  I really do not know how I managed to do this, I have surprised myself.  I went in his room (I never go in his room) to make sure he was ok and he said he was, so I went back to my room and ate my toast.  I went in to check on him before I went to sleep, by now it was around 3.00am and he was dead to the world.  He is going to have a lot of washing to do, I thought to myself.

I cannot remember getting out of my dress, I had been struggling with it and had to have Andy help me, but somehow this morning, it was on the floor.  I also texted my friend Jackie in Stoke, I do not remember this until later on. It was such a good night and I knew that I would not be seeing much of Sunday.

Sunday:  I woke at 9.00 and went to the bathroom and realised that I had really not cleaned it that well.  So cleaned it again and went back to bed and drifted on and off and finally crawled out of my pit at 1.00pm.  Andy was up doing his washing and he looked terrible.  We did laugh. I was ok and made us some tea and toast and decided I was not going to be doing anything today.  I explained to Andy how we had got home (he could not remember) and we did have a giggle.  We spent the day drinking tea and watching back to back episodes of Miss Marple and Poirot.  The day took a turn for the worse as Andy realised he had broken his phone.  We are not surprised. He was throwing himself like a 2 year old child on the floor at the 188 bus stop in the middle of Greenwich High Street.  So as we speak, he is now online to Apple looking for a lifeline.

He has been given the error code 1671 which we think means 'another piss head has dropped his phone so just give us £250 and we will reset it for you'. It is a stressful moment as Andy's phone is fused to his hand for most of the day.  I have given him my old iPhone to see if his sim card will work in that for him; it doesn't.  So the evening was spent watching Andy slowly meltdown as the realisation that his beloved phone is on life-support whilst the washing machine when round and round and round ........ just like those joggers!

As always, enjoy x



1 comment:

  1. Well they can't handle their drinks the young ones, can they?
    I can't remember the last time I got drunk, which probably means I"m getting very old.
    Hope you have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete