Sunday 26 June 2016

Another red letter day, So the pound has dropped and the children are creating, The other half ran away, Taking all the cash and leaving you with the lumber, Got a pain in the chest, Doctors on strike what you need is a rest (Friends Will Be Friends - Queen)


So we are coming to an end almost for Queen this month, just two more tracks. Ironically, I knew which track I was going to have for the final posting yet there were so many I could have had for the penultimate one. I guess just some sentiment for this one.  As always, enjoy.




Saturday:  It has been difficult for me to find my sparkle today.  After yesterdays events: politics and work I felt rather drained.  But today I need to sparkle - today I was, once again, walking in London Pride.

Crown own, flower in hair and boas round my neck, we left the flat - just a normal Saturday in London.  Needless to say we passed two of our neighbours on the way out; we never normally see a soul! Caught the tube and it was obvious by people's attire that many were also going to Pride.  It was so funny as this year we had to go to Regent's Park tube and there amongst the gays, lesbians, queers, trans, puppies, leather men, bears and everything else in between and equally as beautiful, were white middle class families taking their children to the zoo.  I did chuckle as one two year old was shouting out 'Look, look, blue hair'.  Personally, there was a great deal more he could have been shouting out and feel that his parents got off quite well.

The first crowd we stopped to talk to were the puppies. I had recently seen a documentary on Channel 4 about this and was rather intrigued. Basically, it is men who like like to dress up as puppy dogs.  I was really annoyed with myself as I wanted to get some biscuits for them but had completely forgotten and here they were.  Personally, I don't really understand it, I guess it is that slave and master thing, but hey if it makes you happy who am I to question it.

We made our way to our rendevouz point and met up with others and watch the various groups of people pass as by. I love Pride. There is so much love.  Finally, we made our way to our start position which was in Portland Place, right by the BBC.  We were also behind the Ab Fab float. However, even though there was much excitement and speculation, we did not see Patsy or Eddie.  Then before we knew it we were off.  Unfortunately, we did not have a sound system this year but still managed to dance, sing, shout, wave and smile our way down Regent Street.  I was hugging people, holding hands, waving to the crowd.  I cannot tell you how happy I was.  We got to Trafalgar Square far to soon and a guy called me over to the crowd and hugged and hugged me saying 'thank you for looking after my Auntie'. I was so touched. There was just so much love in London yesterday and before we knew it, the whole thing was over and done with for another year.

We made our way up to Soho and into the pub and that is very much where we stayed for a few hours. There were so many interesting people in there that we got talking to. Such a friendly, happy, relaxed atmosphere.  I did have to giggle as some bloke asked if Andy and I were husband and wife. I thought Andy was going to have a heart attack; I just screamed with laughter saying it was better than people assuming I was his mother!  So quite a few pints, a bit of dancing, a bit of talking and a lot of laughter we decided to go to get something to eat as by now we were really hungry. Needless to say, after eating we were tired and decided to just go back to the flat.  It had been a long and exiting day, filled with so much love.  I had a quick shower and laid on my bed and fell asleep and totally missed Gastonbury!

Sunday:  Bit of a lie in then up, showered and dressed and out.  I was meeting my friend Ian from the Stoke Meet Up group at Euston.  We have not seen each other for a while as Ian has changed jobs so it was good to catch up with each others news and what better place to do this, but in the pub!  We had a good old natter and laugh and finding out what we both had been up to over the past few months.  The afternoon we far to quick and it was time for Ian to catch his train home.  We said our goodbyes and I made my way home.

Once home, it was time to throw some stuff into a suitcase and get myself in gear for my little trip tomorrow.  I cannot believe that I have gone from the woman who was so organised to the woman who leaves it all to the last minute and makes it up as she goes along!

So it has been a busy weekend but one that has shown me that my life is enriched in many, many ways. I am blessed.

As always, with my love x










4 comments:

  1. Great pics. I saw some super photos/videos from Pride over the weekend. I think everything has a bit of a low-key atmosphere at the moment; everyone is a little bit stunned and more than a bit concerned about what happens next.
    Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me though.
    I don't think puppies are an exclusively gay thing; you get hero puppies too. I once knew a man who liked to be an adult baby (there are websites catering for all the clothes and paraphernalia needed for this particular role-play). I just thought it was a bit silly really.
    Have a fab week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah you are right a lot of people are totally stunned. I am sick of hearing oh just get on with it. I am sure that is what they were saying in Germany in 1936! I am just going to sit back and wait for it all to implode which has started already within both parties let alone Europe. I have never seen the hetro puppies but have seen the adult babies, something that I really cannot for the life of me get my head around and I am open to most things! But each to their own and if no one is getting hurt so be it. Mind you, I did fall in love about 50 times a minute. So many gorgeous men ....... sigh!. As always, with my love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great being mentioned in da blog again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Ian lol no worries. It was good to catch up with you again :)

    ReplyDelete