Saturday 16 July 2016

I hope you're with someone who makes you feel safe in your sleeping tonight I won't kill myself, trying to stay in your life I got no distance left to run When you see me Please turn your back and walk away I don't want to see you Cos i know the dreams that you keep is wearing me When your coming down, think of me here I got no distance left to run (No Distance Left To Run - Blur)

I cannot lie, I was no familiar with this track.  However, as usual, it is the lyrics that drew me to it.  The song itself (in my opinion) is as haunting as the lyrics. As always, enjoy.



Monday:  I was so looking forward to this Monday morning! Up and working from home, how lovely was that.  I cooked eggs on toast (with marmite) and caught the bus up to Hackney.  Wonderful day at work. I met some really interesting people and was out and about and by the time I arrived home at 5.45pm I had already done 10,000 steps.  Andy had cooked dinner as tonight, for some stupid reason we were off to Southwark Playhouse to see Through The Mill by Ray Rackham.


Now considering I wanted to just stay at home and take my bra off and watch Corrie I cannot tell you how much we both enjoyed this show.  It was set in 1960 during the filming of the Judy Garland Show.  There were three Judy Garlands: one young Judy that showed you her childhood and the early years of her career. Then a 29 year old Judy and finally and older Judy.  The production, set, music and acting was astounding.  All three Judys had the most amazing voice as they belted out tune after tune.  The play showed a portrait of a legend, one who was feisty and courageous after a difficult childhood. It showed how sincere and funny she was but the tread than run throughout the who play was how tragic her life really was.  The final song was obviously Over The Rainbow; a song that always makes me cry and tonight was no exception. However, the words of it now seem even more significant.  A brilliant night out and we were both so pleased that we had made the effort to drag ourselves along.  It just goes to show that sometimes when you think it is not going to be a good night, it turns into a terrific night.

Tuesday:  Early start today and I walked to London Bridge as the sun was shining. I had time so I popped into Guy's Chapel to touch base with my dear old Dad and then caught a train.  A really busy day (again) but so rewarding. Pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are really taking shape and it feels good. Ended up back in the office (eventually) and catching up on more learning.  Bus home and nipped into Tesco as I did not have a clue what I wanted for dinner. Back home and tonight it was bra off, feet up and back to back episodes of MasterChef which just made me hungry!  All is good.

I forgot to mention that whilst I as out and about yesterday walking the streets of London, I ended up at Waterloo.  I had heard about this earlier on in the week but it was so good to be able to see it.  Slap bang in the middle of the concourse at Waterloo Station is the Marsh-mellow man from Ghostbusters which has a new version just released.  After I put my phone away I then noticed that the light fittings had green plasma all over them too.  It was so cool.  It looked so real. Very impressive and it was making everyone smile. 

Wednesday:  So another busy day today. But it is all good. In fact, it is brilliant.  I cannot believe how much I have learnt.  Talk about keeping the little grey cells ticking over.  It is so good to be out and about again too.  I never left my desk (only to go to the toilet) in my previous job and now I am out and about, on trains, busses, underground, overground and Shanks's pony.

Andy had a busy day too so we caved in (as we often do) and had a chip shop tea and that was that for the rest of the evening.  We both did not move.  So considering I fell asleep last night with my book in my hand and the TV still on when I woke up at 1.30am, I think I will be going to be very shortly.  I may be exhausted but I am very, very happy.

Thursday:  A new day and a new part of London to be.  I have gone from never ever leaving my desk to never being at my desk, which let's face it is going to be the dining room table for for most of the week.  Amazing. So another busy day and then a blast from the past.  See the trouble with me is I see the good in most people and just don't give up on them.

I went over to Mile End in the east of London and met up with Bart. Yes the American.  He rolled up on his skateboard and well, we were just so pleased to see each other.  Huge hugs.  We grabbed some beer and went and sat in the park.  I did have to smile as he was so insistent that I do not sit on the grass but on his cardigan; I didn't. I was in control this time.  However, I soon melted and caved in and we sat and talked and talked.  I did give him a bit of bad time if I am honest, but I guess he deserved it.  We both asked each other questions about what we had been up to and it was cool.  We found a pub and sat there then went back to the park and sat on a bench have a hug and watching the moon.  It was OK, it was a moment.  I have told him that I am now in a good place and don't need crap in my life and because of visa complications he won't be around long.  But we both agreed that no matter what else, we were friends. That is it, we are friends.


Friday: This week has flown by and I have learnt so much and met some wonderful people.  Another great day at work and after work my manager and myself went to the pub and were soon joined by some other colleagues. It was great we just sat chatting and I could just be myself; something I never was in my last job.  I was slightly drunk as I made my way home feeling rather contented and blessed. It has been a good week.

As always, with my love x






4 comments:

  1. All I can say is YAY!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackie ..... well yay will do for me. Much love xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds good to me. I miss the Southwark playhouse. I saw some good stuff there, and so convenient too.
    Sooo glad the job has turned out to be what you were looking for.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah. The Southwark Playhouse is one of my favourite places and like you say just up the road for me. I have never seen anything bad there to be honest and yes my new job is so much better. I really cannot believe how things have worked out. Safe travels xx

    ReplyDelete