Sunday 17 July 2016

Street's like a jungle so call the police. Following the herd down to Greece on holiday (Girls and Boys - Blur)

Well you will all know this song and I bet when you read the title you started to sing along as well.  So just enjoy!



Saturday: Let it be said that you are never too old to try anything!  I was up and out of the flat by 8.30am making my way over to Notting Hill.  I got chatted up at the tube station and swapped numbers with a guy who is now texting me constantly ....... I am not interested but was too kind not to give him my wrong number.  I was going to a rave.

I met my friend Tracey at the venue. I met Tracey a few years ago when were both on a training course at Staffordshire Council. She was late arriving and I saw here and said there was a chair the table with me and that was it, a kindred spirit, one of my tribe.  We have kept in contact since and this weekend she was in London and said she was going to this rave and did I want to tag along.  You bet I did.

To say I stood out on the tube would be an understatement.  I had flowers in my hair and a little top on and flowers around me ........ Just a normal day in London.  The venue was brilliant and the music was so, so good.  We just danced and danced and danced and danced .... for four hours!  I pulled a muscle in my leg and that was my body reminding me that I am not 29 lol but it was cool.  Just good energy and so much love.  I will definitely go to another one and it wont matter if I turned up alone either, it is that kind of thing.

We finally left to a blazing sunshine of a day.  I was like a rat coming out of the whole as the sunshine hit my eyes as I hobbled back to the tube station. I got home and Andy had his friends over so I went to my room and grabbed a shower and hair wash and promptly fell asleep for an hour on my bed!  A brilliant brilliant day and these people were so my tribe!

So back to the flat and a chill out afternoon.  Andy had friends over and one of them had a little dog who spent most of the afternoon with me in my room, which was rather nice.  I pulled a muscle in my leg raving too much so took some painkillers and went to bed early lol.  But still 29 in my head and such a great experience. I will be doing this again.

Sunday:  Up earlier than I really wanted to be as I was suppose to be meeting Tracey earlier.  However, whilst I was waiting at the bus stop I received a
message to say that they had changed their plans and that she would not be coming to Trews.  No worries, it was a beautiful morning and I was up and out and at Hoxton before nine. Sat by the canal having a coffee and chilling into the day.  Trews was its usual relaxing self and afterwards Emma and I walked up to Islington (along the canal) to grab a coffee.  We found a great Italian deli that served the most delicious coffee and sat there for a couple of hours chatting and putting the world to rights.  I told her about the rave and she said that her and her sister are up for the next one, so all good.

It has been a really hot day in London.  Not always sunny but very warm.  I am now wondering if this is summer?  Caught the bus to the Southbank and had a walk along there, plenty of tourists but not much else happening.  Went to Leake Street tunnel and there was not much there to look at either.  I blame Brexit!  That is my answer to everything at the moment. 

Back to the flat (with a bag of essential shopping) and time to kick back and chill.  One of the many good things about being single is that you only have yourself to please and tonight I did.  Bart rocked up (on skateboard) and we
'hanged out' out for a bit.  He does make me laugh (as well as driving me mad). It is OK as I will never trust anyone every again and he knows, because I have continually told him, that he is way down the list of people I trust. But, I am living in the moment and he is and never would be, long term partner material, but he's my friend so all is well.  Andy does not really approve but he doesn't have to approve, it is my choice.  I did smile as he skated to the gate of our flat. So funny as that would never have happened in Stoke.

So all in all a brilliant weekend.  Drinks with new work colleagues, meeting up with Tracey and raving the Saturday away.  Painkillers and little Bailey the beautiful dog. Early night and early Sunday starts.  Mediation and coffee and chat. Beatrix and the Southbank and Bart. Ha ha.  Just makes me smile.


As always, enjoy x





4 comments:

  1. Yes I read about these early morning disco things in Time Out. I think that would work for me, because I seem to have more stamina in the mornings these days, so how awesome that you went there?
    So not much happening at Leake street eh? Nah maybe you're right these are indeed strange times.
    Have a good week
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah the rave was ace, I am still buzzing from it now. Well apart from my leg which still aches but hey what are painkillers for. I will certainly go to the next one in August, need to by some rave clothes now lol. Such positive energy and likeminded people, I loved it. Yes since Brexit London feels flat. Everyone seems still shocked by it all to be honest. You can really feel the difference. Strange times indeed. Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my fab friend it was a super experience wasn't it! We are looking at places for our twixmas pilgrimage this year and thinking of the Marc bolan statue as we missed it in July. If you are around we might get to do the morning meditation after all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey it was a blast and we must do it again soon! I have no plans, to date, not to be in London in December so let me know when you know. Hugs and love to you both xx

    ReplyDelete