Monday 11 July 2016

Sunday, Sunday here again a walk in the park You meet an old soldier and talk of the past He fought for us in two World Wars And the England he knew is no more (Sunday, Sunday - Blur)


It's Sunday so I guess we had to have this one.  Not one of the more better known Blur tracks; but priceless all the same.  As always, enjoy.




Saturday:  Lazy start to the morning, drinking cups of tea from my bed whilst watching The Last Leg ..... because I can!  I decided I wanted some fish for my dinner this evening so walked up to Borough Market.  It was so busy, tourists, tourists, tourists and me trying to do some food shopping.  Welcome to London. I brought some turbot and will cook it and have it with some new potatoes and salad for dinner this evening.  I was a bit annoyed as I went to a coffee place I have used before and was told that unless I order cake with my coffee I cannot be served.  I did remind them that this has not always been the case and also made a note to myself that when they are not so busy in February I will not bother returning.  

Back to the flat and updated last week's blog which was very short because of the week's events and also caught up with some paperwork.  I spent the rest of the afternoon sorting out my room to accommodate all my work stuff.  London has been very warm and close today, but no sunshine but not really the day to be moving stuff around.

Quiet rest of the day, cooking my lovely fish and chilling to.  It has made a great change from spending the whole weekend filling in job application forms!  I feel as if I have my weekends back.

Sunday:  Up and out to Trews, oh how I much I love my Sunday mornings. Got catch up with the guys there and I walked down through Hoxton with Emma and Hannah and caught a bus to Oxford Street.  I needed/wanted a new bag for work, something I can get all my 'stuff' in. I did try, I promise you I did, but needless to say I ended up in John Lewis and found exactly what I wanted. Quick drop into Molton Brown for some new hand cream.

Regent Street is closed off every Sunday in July and it was just like Pride, walking down the middle of the road.  It was such a good atmosphere, especially as the sun had come out.  I had heard about some Street Opera that was taking place at 3.00pm; they were performing La Traviata and I was not disappointed.  They had put down some fake grass and there were people having wine and a picnic, watching the opera.  It was brilliant.  It is days like this that I just love being in London.  I watched the opera for about and hour and then walked down to Trafalgar Square and caught a bus to Waterloo Bridge and walked over the Bridge (my favourite one) smiling to myself as I still find it amazing that I am living in London.  Check out the opera at www.operamobile.com or @operamobile.

I then went to my favourite Southbank and sat in the sunshine on one of their new funky summer collection seats.  There was a DJ playing on the balcony of the Southbank Centre and people were drinking and dancing and I so wanted to join them, but let's face it, it is not much fun on your own is it ..... sigh!
So I sat on my new funky, plastic chair watching and joining in, well kind of.  I then moved and went to sit on my favourite bench and watched the world go by. I did not want to go home but knew that I had to make tracks sooner rather than later, so made my way back home.

So back home and there is something going round in my head today which is OK, I am in control of it, but there is a but.  I will figure it out.  All I will say is, regardless of whatever my daughter thinks of me, I never give up on people, even if they are people who I really should not waste my time on.

Southbank .... raving in the sunshine

So I really do feel as if I have my life back, well at least my weekends.  I cannot tell you how lovely the weekend has been. Fingers crossed that I have turned yet another corner.

As always, with my love x


4 comments:

  1. #your Sunday just gone #wouldneverhappeninStoke or Crewe :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha yes you are so right Ian. It would never of happened in Stoke. London really has given me a new life x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trouble with London though is that this is all just in summer. For nine months the city then goes into hibernation. So enjoy it whilst it's there, I suppose.
    And as someone who goes into cafes on my own a lot, I get tired of being made to feel guilty for not ordering enough; as if it's something I've done deliberately to cut the waiter's tip in half. These places just grab the money in summer and have no appreciation of the people who help it tick over year round.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah. Yep, it is all for your tourists. The fact that people live here is irrelevant. I wanted to say that I was diabetic and can't eat cake (not sure if I blogged that or not) but just thought what is the point. The whole world is aimed at couples! As always, much love xx

    ReplyDelete