Friday 22 July 2016

Woo-hoo Woo-hoo Woo-hoo Woo-hoo I got my head checked by a jumbo jet It wasn't easy but nothing is (Song 2 - Blur)



I love this song, I really do.  The first few lines kind of sum up how I feel today. I had a cracking weekend, drinks with work colleagues, raving with Tracey, coffee with Emma and 'hanging out' with Bart.  It was such a great weekend and OK yes, I know that some people think I need my head checked by giving people second chances (well probably third in his case) but you know me, I don't give up on people.  Nothing lasts.  I have learnt that.  People come and people go but it is the memories you make that count.  I am making new memories and this weekend has been a memory weekend.  As always, enjoy.




Monday:  The most beautiful blue skied morning today.  The weather was
absolutely lovely and doesn't lift your mood.  However, my mood was already lifted .......... I shall say no more.  Really busy day at work and I learnt so much (again). I did not leave the office until 18.15 and then had to go to the shops to get some bits and finally sat down to some dinner at 19.45! I will go in slightly later tomorrow and do my bits and bobs in the morning, but all is well.

So a very quiet night updating finances and catching up on email.  I was suppose to have a date with an Australian but as always (men) got a text to say that he could not make it after all, which suited me to be honest especially as I got home so late.  But what is it with these bloody men, say one thing; do another ....... sigh.

Tuesday:  Such a warm night but did manage to get some sleep, even with my window slightly open.  Another blue sky morning.  I could go into work a bit later today as I am working late this evening, but best laid plans and all that resulted in me being up at the same time anyway!

Excellent day at work. I have learnt so much in such a short time.  Talk about keeping the grey cells ticking over.  Had to get the tube home as I was out and about on a home visit.  I cannot tell you how uncomfortable the tube is in summer.  It is always crowded at the best of times but come summer it is vile. So many hot and sweaty people crammed into a tiny space.  Joy oh joy, the luxury of living in London. Nice little surprise on the way home, as I received a call from another 'ghost' from the past.  I think I must be omitting pheromones at the moment.  It just goes to show that when you are giving out positive thoughts and you are happy in yourself, good things come your way. So once again, a lovely evening had and it was great to catch up over a bottle of very good wine that he brought.  We haven't seen each other for about 12 months, in fact, the last time was the night before Meg's graduation last year. We just picked up where we left off and caught up with all our (well his) exciting news. But it really is so hot in London.

Wednesday:  I really feel in a good place at the moment.  The problem is, I find myself, at times, thinking who is going to burst that bubble; or more like who will I allow to burst that bubble.  Bart tried today, but will have to try harder, I am so on to him!  Excellent day at work. I started off by going to Waitrose to get some lunch.  That alone in Stoke would have been enough.  I walked then to my desk and watched the boats go up the river as I sat and made phone calls. I really have picked the job up well and am just getting on with some of it now.  I cannot tell you how good that feels.  I am working for the most wonderful of charities, who care for their staff. That is apparent.  This is why I come to London.

Got home and Andy had cooked tea and I just sat back for the evening with a smug little smirk on my face.  My home life is brilliant. Andy and I get on so well and our flat is a little gem.  I have the most amazing job now, where the people are just so lovely and the job itself is really rewarding.  I am out and about most of the day.  Finally, friends. I have made some wonderful friend since arriving in London.  OK no bloke yet but you all know how I feel about that.  Five years on, I still do not know what I want or what I should be looking for, that will come and if it doesn't I will just get on with it and have some fun anyway.  Life is feeling pretty damn good at the moment and long may it last.

Thursday:  So first day working from home and very nice it was as too.  I had a home visit first thing and made my way up to North London and then back home for 1.00pm.  I actually got so much done but I am disciplined.  It reminds me of my OU days; you just have to get on with it.  So not much else to report really.  I have just said to Andy I feel like I am in a really good place at the moment.  My new job is amazing, flat and home life is, as always, brilliant and my social life is on the up.  All is well and long may it last.

Friday:  Well I fell over on the bus this morning, quite spectacularly actually. Obviously the Universe thought that I did not have enough bruises or aches to worry about so it would give me some more.  I think I fell over my trouser leg and it was all in slow motion as I fell to my knees.  No damage done; not even to my pride because let's face it no one cares in London.  An elderly gentlemen went to help me up and asked if I was OK  bless him.  So I now have, ironically, skateboarder's knees ..... sigh.

Excellent day at work and once again I learnt so much and met some more lovely people.  This was my last day with my boss now for three weeks as she is going on annual leave before she leaves.  So next week I am Home Alone!  Not much else to report except that Andy and I have a theme going on with unreliable and travelling Americans.  So in celebration of this we had American Cheesecake for pudding!  All is well.


As always, with my love x 





6 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more Ian!!
    Just loving reading the last couple of weeks Karen ... makes me smile big-time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie yes it is all good. Slight blimp today! But all well x

      Delete
  2. Yeah working from home is a mixed blessing isn't it? I waste a lot of time (social media, newspapers, snacking and that kind of thing) and then tell everyone how I"ve been 'working all day'.
    It's good that your job is going so well though. I think if you get one thing right like that then everything else seems to fall into place too. Or maybe you don't notice so much if it isn't.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah. Well today is day one and I did not have to wash my hair lol so that is a bonus. In fact, I have done more this morning than I thought. I have had to remember to get up and walk around a bit. I am sure, on time, things will settle down and I will figure it out. Hugs and love xx

    ReplyDelete