Monday 4 July 2016

It's got nothing to do with vorsprung durch technic you know. And it's not about you joggers who go round and round and round (Parklife - Blur)


Another month, another band. Decisions, decisions, decisions. This month I shall be looking at Blur and I had to start off with this one.  When I lived in Stoke and used to sing this song both Meg and JF said I sounded so southern (well I am) when I sang 'Just like you joggers who go round and round and round ....' Blur (like Squeeze who will be featured at some point) always reminded me of home. So as always, enjoy ...... you know what I mean?





Saturday:  Today was one of those days when I really did have to make an effort.  I guess it was because I have been away and now I was back in 'real life'.  I also had my blog to write up which was like having homework to do. Still all done and dusted and I popped down to Asda to get a few bits and then back home.  Later in the day I caught the bus up to Primrose Hill to meet my Meet Up group because to day we were having a picnic in the park.

Now the trouble with best laid plans is that the weather never listens.  Today was no exception.  Even though it is July you really would not believe it.  That aside we did have good time.  London is a melting pot of the world and in our group today there were British people, Chinese, Greek, Finish and Canadian and we played a Finish game called Molkky.

Molkky is basically 12 logs of wood numbered 1-12 which start off being placed together so they look like a fat tree trunk.  Then each player stands some distance away and throws a bigger log at them. If one log falls down you get that score i.e. 8, but if you knock down say three logs you only score 3.  It sounds simple; it is not. As the game progresses the logs get further and further apart.  You have to score 50 to win but if you go over 50 your score goes back to 25.  Also, if you miss the logs three times in a row (as I did) you are out! It was fun and it was all going well until a dog run over and picked up the large log, the one that we were throwing, and proceeding to run all around Primrose Hill with the log in it's mouth.  It was so funny. The owner of the dog was doing her best to retrieve the log but the dog was not having any of it.  Eventually, the game continued and along come the rain. You could see the black clouds coming over then passing over the city.

Chaos reigned again as another dog called Digby (we read his name on his collar) stormed through our picnic and started to eat anything he could get his mouth around! We could not find the owner so we decided to 'adopt' Digby and make a fuss of him.  His owners did appear eventually and were very apologetic. By now the rain was back and I was wet and tired so decided to catch the bus back home.  This is the first time I have been to Primrose Hill and the views of the city were lovely so I do think I will be returning.

Sunday:  Back to my meditation group this morning.  I have missed it.  However, not as many people go now as the used to be which is a shame.  That aside, it was good to catch up with people and their news (and mine).  After meditation I caught the overground to Surrey Quays as I had planned to go to the cinema.  However, I did treat myself to two new tops (because I can) then went to the cinema only to find out that the Odeon had done with that have done to me before, cancel the showing.  I was not impressed.

Eventually caught the bus to the O2 and went to see Independence Day there. I had heard good and things about it.  Personally, it would have been a good film to watch Boxing Day. Same old same old.  Aliens come, America saves the world. Long live America.  If I could have had a pound for every time I rolled my eyes I would have got my ticket free.  But it was OK.

It has been great to have my weekends back again. No more applications to complete - just the weekend for me to choose what I want to do.  All is well.

As always, with my love x



2 comments:

  1. where did you stand on the great Blur vs Oasis debate then? I have to say always leaned towards Oasis, which was kinda sacrilege for a Southerner I think.
    Doesn't seem a bad life to me you know. Meet up groups in the park and trips to the cinema. No that's not my kind of film either; I think I've spent too long going to someone else's choice of movie that I don't do that kind of thing anymore.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. I was, ironically, Oasis! I love and still do dear old Noel ....... sigh. However, I will feature them late on. It is just that Blur reminded me of 'home'. Yes things are on the up. I will drop you an email. Hugs and love xxx

    ReplyDelete